BREAKING Better buy all the 5.45 you can find

Found this on the Arfcom thread, take it with a grain of salt obviously. But if the issue did start with the overseas manufacture then any ban would be complete BS.

I just spoke to Ms Dickenson from the ATF who wrote the email, she stated that it was banned because a pistol was made in 5.45x39. I asked which company made it and she said the Polish Radom company made it, it's the Radom 89 Onyks. She didn't know if they were being imported here and referred me to her branch chief who I'm waiting a call back from but I don't know who would have tried to import this as a handgun and if they did, they're just a bunch of inconsiderate jerks. 

I'm concerned though that they may have banned the round based on the handgun being manufactured overseas and not imported here. If that's the case then I think this should be able to be fought.

This is just too funny, so All of a sudden ak pistols are a problem:

hmm so let's see: 

223 ak pistol

762 ak pistol

545 ak pistol

so that would mean, an ar pistol would be bad too, right? Someone needs to pull some strings and knock some senses into them..  Because it doesn't make sense.

So the ammo war on 7N6 Surplus selling begins. Seems like the Out Post Armory is in for the win also ???

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=405700729

Holy Cow!

I'M RICH!!!!!!  :woohoo:

7N6 has outpaced all of my other investments.  Reckon I had better head to the bank and move the gold out of my lock-box and replace it with some of my 7N6. 

• Like 2

Im not an AK guy. How much was this stuff a week ago

It was anywhere from $169-$199 per can (1080 rds) plus shipping for the last couple of years. I have some I paid $100 to $120 delivered that I bought a bunch of

a few years back. I have Polish, Bulgarian and Russian. LOL

Edited by R1100R

Im not an AK guy. How much was this stuff a week ago

When it first came into the country, it was as low as $.11 a round = about $118 for a 1080 round can.  Nobody seem to want a lot of it at the time because it was corrosive and not too many folks had AK-74 based rifles.  Add in Century Arms making the huge mistake of installing 5.56 barrels into the Polish wz.88 Tantals that they built and the round got an early bad rap for accuracy.  Because of these wrong barrels, everybody was up in arms about 7N6, saying that it was so bad that keyholeing was the norm (it was on the internet so it had to be true).  Several ammo sellers would offer "Buy Two & Ships Free" just to move the stuff.

It wasn't until those surplus NOS Bulgarian barrels and rifle kits arrived that people began to realize how good a round it is. 

Full disclosure - - - Yup!  I already had four cans (4320 rounds) before I even had a rifle that could shoot it!  :whistle:  

• Like 1

When it first came into the country, it was as low as $.11 a round = about $118 for a 1080 round can.  Nobody seem to want a lot of it at the time because it was corrosive and not too many folks had AK-74 based rifles.  Add in Century Arms making the huge mistake of installing 5.56 barrels into the Polish wz.88 Tantals that they built and the round got an early bad rap for accuracy.  Because of these wrong barrels, everybody was up in arms about 7N6, saying that it was so bad that keyholeing was the norm (it was on the internet so it had to be true).  Several ammo sellers would offer "Buy Two & Ships Free" just to move the stuff.

It wasn't until those surplus NOS Bulgarian barrels and rifle kits arrived that people began to realize how good a round it is. 

Full disclosure - - - Yup!  I already had four cans (4320 rounds) before I even had a rifle that could shoot it!  :whistle:  

I've always shot it through a AR15.  I had a great Tantal and a Saiga later on, sold them both and still use a AR

Edited by R1100R
Guest Talmadge

HELLO, TENNESSEE GUN OWNERS FORUM.

I am here to inform you that the man responsible for this fiasco is none other than a former user of this forum, the notorious Voldemort, aka Leonard Stannie Embody.

I have prepared his doxx here, for your viewing pleasure:

LEONARD_STANNIE_EMBODY.jpg

Be sure to click on the image for the full size.

More information can be found here. Sorry, I would post the links here, but it seems this forum doesn't want that.

Remember, Leonard Stannie Embody, owner of Voldemort Arms, is an enemy of gun owners everywhere! If you are in the area, remember to NOT do business with Leonard. Doing business with Voldemort Arms is the same as supporting the liberal agenda. 

Thank you!

ETA: So his username wordfilters to Voldermort. Somehow I am getting the feeling that Leonard is even more popular on this forum than I anticipated!
Edited by Talmadge
If you are in the area, remember to NOT do business with Leonard. Doing business with Voldemort Arms is the same as supporting the liberal agenda.

I don't think he ever actually sold any 5.45 "kits" or more importantly, full firearms. (also, he no longer has an FFL).

Anybody can make a pistol out of any caliber they want as long as they can start with a receiver that was not first built as a rifle, it took someone releasing a fully made retail firearm to apparently trigger the hoopla, and some outfit has been cited as the one that recently came under ATF's notice on this, can't find it right off.

But at any rate, I don't think any of Lenny's shenanigans had anything to do with it.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
Guest semiautots

HELLO, TENNESSEE GUN OWNERS FORUM.

I am here to inform you that the man responsible for this fiasco is none other than a former user of this forum, the notorious Voldemort, aka Leonard Stannie Embody.

I have prepared his doxx here, for your viewing pleasure:

LEONARD_STANNIE_EMBODY.jpg

Be sure to click on the image for the full size.

More information can be found here. Sorry, I would post the links here, but it seems this forum doesn't want that.

Remember, Leonard Stannie Embody, owner of Voldemort Arms, is an enemy of gun owners everywhere! If you are in the area, remember to NOT do business with Leonard. Doing business with Voldemort Arms is the same as supporting the liberal agenda. 

Thank you!

ETA: So his username wordfilters to Voldermort. Somehow I am getting the feeling that Leonard is even more popular on this forum than I anticipated!

What an absolute moron.

[quote name="Troutburger" post="1133102" timestamp="1396456017"]I've got one more question to raise. I mean this in a good Christian way. Where the @#%$ is the NRA, GOA, etc. when the ATF runs amok with these rules...[/quote] Solid, legitimate point. They may be working on it, but at least make an announcement about it and let us know what's up

I've got one more question to raise.  I mean this in a good Christian way.

Where the @#%$ is the NRA, GOA, etc. when the ATF runs amok with these rules...

I think this is exactly why the ATF hasn't made an official ruling on paper or actually denied any forms. With no ruling or solid proof of one on paper yet there is essentially nothing to contest. For all we know if push came to shove at the moment the ATF would just say that a "clerical error" caused the holdup of the forms being processed. It seems to me they may just be weighing public reaction, while in the meantime. . .

So the ammo war on 7N6 Surplus selling begins. Seems like the Out Post Armory is in for the win also ???

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=405700729

At $359 a can, I'd sell all I've got and throw in an awesome upper! I don't believe $359 will become the norm...the allure of this caliber for most was a cheap alternative to other common calibers and if you take away the cheap part, the demand should go away.

By the definition of armor piercing ammo cited elsewhere in this thread, why is m855 still available? There are manufacturers making AR pistols.

By the definition of armor piercing ammo cited elsewhere in this thread, why is m855 still available? There are manufacturers making AR pistols.

Normal M855 is lead core. There's a specialty version with tungsten core, too, but doesn't seem to be distributed outside of military.

- OS

I may have my numbers wrong: I have a couple cases of IMI that is from Israel and has some amount of steel in it as it attracts a magnet...the box says m855.

No big deal and I'm glad it passes-just not sure what the difference is.

I may have my numbers wrong: I have a couple cases of IMI that is from Israel and has some amount of steel in it as it attracts a magnet...the box says m855.

No big deal and I'm glad it passes-just not sure what the difference is.

M855 has steel jacket over lead core. So does all the currently manufactured Russian stuff.  Because a magnet sticks, lots of folks think it's steel "core", but it's not.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot