Music City Tactical Shooters - IDPA Match 04052014

Yep, It's a first for me, should be fun for new and old shooters. I hope everybody likes the stages, I tried to put something in for everyone. Hopefully they'll let me do more in the future.

Yeah, (((((MR. VALENTINE))))), LOL  :cool:!!! Stage designs were great :clap:

The wife and i had an awesome day at this match, good job Justin a couple of those stages were real brain teazers.

Got to try out my new m&p on this course and i was very surprized at the number of zero's i got with it.
  • Like 1
Thank you very much. I too had a hard time with some but that was the plan,

Hope everyone had a good time today, I know I did. Thanks to all who shot the match, give me some time the stages will get better and yes harder. I would also like to give John and Michael a big thanks for helping and letting me do this, it was an eye opener. With that said THANK YOU hope everyone had fun.
  • Like 2

Greetings! Saturday was my first IDPA event and it exceeded all my expectations. I've wanted to take the plunge and start shooting IDPA mainly to increase my gun handling skills in a "stressful" situation and to do something other than stand in front of a paper target at 15yds and fire away, which gets boring. I had an incredibly great time and learned a TON about my shooting - mostly how much more work and practice I need. On that note, it was extremely beneficial to me. I was also able to bring an old comrade (Tony) from my paint balling days who also loves to shoot; I know from talking to him during and after the event he had the same excellent experience I had and is hooked and eager to attend regularly. 

As for the MCTS guys and gals who hosted the event, I cannot say enough good things. As a new shooter at the event and event noobie, I was made to feel completely welcome. Everyone was extremely helpful, patient, communicated safety concerns, and just down-right good people that an excellent environment was obvious. That it was done without effort, speaks to the quality and character of the regulars we met. I left feeling confident I could bring any of my friends'n'family and know they would have the same great experience I had. Coming out to a new activity, especially a shooting event, can be intimidating. If anyone has been hesitating to attend IDPA (like me) can rest assured they will have a positive and beneficial experience with the folks of the Music City Tactical Shooters.

Thanks again to everyone who worked to put on the event and create the environment. The stages we awesome. I cannot wait to come back, shoot some more and bring more family and friends. Thanks again MCTS. I'd mention names, but I am sure I would get them wrong and miss some people.

-Kip

• Like 3

Greetings! Saturday was my first IDPA event and it exceeded all my expectations. I've wanted to take the plunge and start shooting IDPA mainly to increase my gun handling skills in a "stressful" situation and to do something other than stand in front of a paper target at 15yds and fire away, which gets boring. I had an incredibly great time and learned a TON about my shooting - mostly how much more work and practice I need. On that note, it was extremely beneficial to me. I was also able to bring an old comrade (Tony) from my paint balling days who also loves to shoot; I know from talking to him during and after the event he had the same excellent experience I had and is hooked and eager to attend regularly. 

As for the MCTS guys and gals who hosted the event, I cannot say enough good things. As a new shooter at the event and event noobie, I was made to feel completely welcome. Everyone was extremely helpful, patient, communicated safety concerns, and just down-right good people that an excellent environment was obvious. That it was done without effort, speaks to the quality and character of the regulars we met. I left feeling confident I could bring any of my friends'n'family and know they would have the same great experience I had. Coming out to a new activity, especially a shooting event, can be intimidating. If anyone has been hesitating to attend IDPA (like me) can rest assured they will have a positive and beneficial experience with the folks of the Music City Tactical Shooters.

Thanks again to everyone who worked to put on the event and create the environment. The stages we awesome. I cannot wait to come back, shoot some more and bring more family and friends. Thanks again MCTS. I'd mention names, but I am sure I would get them wrong and miss some people.

-Kip

The hard work and dedication of the club members knows no bounds. Thank you for the words about your experience and hope to see you and your friends back soon. That is the hardest thing about competition shooting is your first timr jitters.
  • Like 1