Man Accused of Stolen Valor Explains

As someone who hasn't attained all the goals I've reached for, I can empathize with this young man who wants very much to join the military and honor our country and his family traditions. But putting on a purchased uniform and presenting yourself as one serving in sacrifice just does not cut it. IMHO, this is another instance in which feelings are supposed to trump formality. There are plenty of military support groups which civilians desiring to aid our armed forces may join. Those who wear the uniform without earning it demean it.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/03/22/the-civilian-who-provoked-outrage-after-wearing-a-military-uniform-speaks-out-and-what-you-learn-might-change-your-opinion-of-him/

Edited by gun sane
I don't get it. Is he simple? No harm if he's simple I guess. The fact he can't pass an ASVAB is an indicator that he may not have the intelligence to understand what he's doing. Otherwise, if he is intelligent enough to understand, he should expect to piss people off. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yeah I'm not buying too much of that story, sounds more like a CYA after it getting shot out across the country.  

As for the encounter, I'm sure they got arrested because those weenies on campus were crying because someone's feelings got hurt and in their world, if everyone can't be a winner, then by damned no one can.

I say we solve the problem right now and mandate military/police service for a couple of years after high school like South Korea does.  Work the wuss right out of a bunch of these kids.

"...... According to Scott’s grandfather Joe Scott, his grandson suffered an event at age three that left him with post traumatic stress disorder."

Gee, I reckon that makes it all OK.  

I'm sure all of us who have experienced what Teddy Roosevelt called "that crowded hour" will completely and thoroughly understand the poor young fellow and he will now be a source of inspiration to all of us combat vets.

NOT!   :mad:  

• Like 2
I have a jacket with nothing on it and one I got at a thrift store with patches on it, I have worn them both out in public before but never ever have said I served or anything like that if someone asks me if I did I just politely say no and that it was a gift

BS.. he  ran around with a uniform.. knowing well he did not earn the patches.. THAT alone is  BS...

I have that video on my facebook page...where he did get confronted  by the 2 Rangers. He is lucky he didn't get his ass kicked. You dotn go around wearing something you did not earn and then claim  some sort of event.He knew what he was doing . 

• Like 1
Guest Cazador
A little fact checking by the reporter could have cleared a ton of BS in this story. He interviewed the grandfather why not the recruiter? Did he find out if the guy was enrolled at the school or just hanging out looking cool? Did he verify the service of the said family members? I doubt any recruiter would have led this clown to uniform shop and directed him on wearing something he did not earn. As for the Veterans actions I can't blame them for their reaction to a poser. Any one who hasn't lived at the base level of survival has no place to judge them. If you been there you know if not you would not understand.
There's a few folks and websites that publish these fucked up Walter Mitty's.
Identiseal, and veriseal vetted real operators from multiple branches and debunked and published liars that would claim to be secret operators squirrels etc. there's still a guy who does a you tube thing who rants and debunks fake war Heros and such. He's lucky he didn't get his nose punched out by some of the real troops... What a pos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2 of course it ate my spelling.