I'm sure glad I'm not Russian!!!!

• Moderators

To put things into perspective, SAS does something (not as extreme) similar:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Killing_House

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/day-princess-diana-joined-sas-147138

Diana and Charles also played the part of hostages rescued from “terrorists” by SAS soldiers firing live bullets from their Heckler and Koch MP5 sub-machine guns in the infamous SAS Killing House building.

Edited by CZ9MM

People are a cheap commodity in Russia. Gives you a different look at how other places around the globe view life and why wars will be bloody.

Smith nailed it. I have been shot a lot by simunition fired by SEALS, on several occasions. They were "repatriating" our students. While I trust a lot of SEALS, I worked with them, for them and trained them and with them. Again I have the utmost respect for them, however anything stronger than simunition, I wouldn't have any part of it. Nuts, I say, just plain nuts.

the Russians have always thought they were far superior to us in their training of their troops and have always felt superior in their Special forces but in reality we are the superior forces at all levels and deep down inside they have known that for ever but would never ever admit it. They have this thought in their heads that numbers count so by having a huge military force of many soldiers that make them superior. Shear numbers don't win wars. Smart well trained soldiers at all levels win wars..................jmho    At one time back around 1940 it was said that the Chinese could have armed their military with baseball bats and send them into battle and they would have come out victorious just because of the shear numbers on men and children in their military amounting to over a million soldiers in their standing Army. Those days ended with the atomic age because a couple well placed nukes could wipe out almost all of their army. Like I said , Shear numbers don't win wars. Intelligent soldiers win wars...............jmho

Edited by bersaguy

Dude has a negligent discharge into the ground during the second drill.  You see it when they slow the video down.  That would be his ejection from the comparable US unit.  I'm not impressed with the shooting either if this is supposed to be their tier 1 types.  Oh, and the drills were pretty stupid.  There are better ways to build confidence around gunfire while still mitigating risk down to an acceptable level.  Lame.

Guest Brutnus

Dude has a negligent discharge into the ground during the second drill.  You see it when they slow the video down.  That would be his ejection from the comparable US unit.  I'm not impressed with the shooting either if this is supposed to be their tier 1 types.  Oh, and the drills were pretty stupid.  There are better ways to build confidence around gunfire while still mitigating risk down to an acceptable level.  Lame.

Actually he does it twice and the idea of that drill is to "make them back away from you" Thus why he shot the ground, on purpose, twice.

edit. The 2nd one happens at 4:47.

Edited by Brutnus
[quote name="Brutnus" post="1126842" timestamp="1395225352"]Actually he does it twice and the idea of that drill is to "make them back away from you" Thus why he shot the ground, on purpose, twice.[/quote] Ha, wut? I musta missed that part where they explained that. That makes this exercise even more dumb and unsafe. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Guest Brutnus

Ha, wut? I musta missed that part where they explained that. That makes this exercise even more dumb and unsafe. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

They didn't explain it, and for them victory is first and safety is 2nd.

Guest theconstitutionrocks

Yeah, I saw that too. What I will give them is good weapon weapon control and muzzle awareness between engagements (tucked in close, muzzle toward the ground), of course, like you pointed out, an ND in that position risks a gut, leg, or foot hit...keep the finger off the trigger.

[quote name="Brutnus" post="1126844" timestamp="1395225654"]They didn't explain it, and for them victory is first and safety is 2nd.[/quote] Sounds great in theory, but if you spend two years training an operator just to lose him in an accident that could be easily avoided in a silly drill which could have been made safer and more effective is just stupid. It doesn't equal a better fighting force. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Guest Brutnus

Yeah, I saw that too. What I will give them is good weapon weapon control and muzzle awareness between engagements (tucked in close, muzzle toward the ground), of course, like you pointed out, an ND in that position risks a gut, leg, or foot hit...keep the finger off the trigger.

Look back a couple posts.

Guest Brutnus

Sounds great in theory, but if you spend two years training an operator just to lose him in an accident that could be easily avoided in a silly drill which could have been made safer and more effective is just stupid. It doesn't equal a better fighting force. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I wouldn't want to do what any of the worlds special forces have to do as far as training goes. I am sure our boys have to shoot between live targets and have similar situations because you can't train real life stress or pressure without real life danger.

[quote name="Brutnus" post="1126849" timestamp="1395225976"]I wouldn't want to do what any of the worlds special forces have to do as far as training goes. I am sure our boys have to shoot between live targets and have similar situations because you can't train real life stress or pressure without real life danger.[/quote] And let me tell you, there is a reason why our Special Forces not only don't do crap like this but why they laugh at organizations that do. Introducing real life danger to no training benefit doesn't make you any more hard core, it just makes something stupid. Trust me. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk