What's your avatar picture?

It's a pic I of the sun experiencing a huge coronal mass ejection... which is a fancy term for a solar storm.  The circle in the middle is just blocking out the sun itself so the ejection is more visible.  I'm nerdy like that and thought it looked cool. 

• Like 2

Mine is a Dark Wolf also know as a Lone Wolf because for a long time I was like a Lone Wolf and I have always admire Wolves for their ability to survive in some of the worst of conditions. They are one of the true Survivors left on Earth...............jmho

• Like 3
Guest drv2fst

Mine is a 1992 Porsche 911 Turbo S2 that I totaled.  It's one of only 18 ever imported into the US.  I got airborne going about 140mph (according to the police officer that worked the crash).

It's my reminder to be glad I'm still alive.  It's also a reminder not to put too much value on material things.  I was obsessed with these cars and had finally acquired one of the rarest ever....

PS.  This thread is going to look very odd in a year or two when many of these people have changed their Avatar and these descriptions don't match with the photos that will be beside them.

Good ol' Dub Taylor, one of the best character actors to ever bless the screen.  You might know him from hundreds of western flavored movies, including his roles as Cannonball in the B-movies, C.W. Moss' father in Bonnie and Clyde and the town preacher in the opening scenes of The Wild Bunch.  I got to spend some time back in the '70s with him and his son, Buck, who played Newly on Gunsmoke.  There's no finer pair of gentlemen you'll ever meet.  Dub's gone on to his reward now, and Buck is a highly respected western artist.

Edited by gun sane
  • Like 3

This is "The Armadillo." He was my personal plush animal companion through three tours in Iraq. He has a scrapbook documenting his kidnap by terrorists and his escape in a pizza box. Of all the plush animals in the house, my wife insisted The Armadillo accompany me, as he was used to the heat and had his own body armor. After mutual adventures, we both survived unscathed.

• Like 6