Restaurant Carry

Guest benchpresspower

Short of breaking out fat canyons and drawing pictures; :death: I don’t think the law or its intent could be any clearer.

I wouldn’t do it unless you are willing to risk arrest. I’ve only been in a couple of BYOB places and that was many years ago. But they took my liquor at the door and then served it to me at my table.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just wrote both my Representative and my Senator:

"I am writing in hope that at the beginning of the new legislative session you will work to make changes to the law which prevents the carrying of firearms into an establishment which serves alcohol for on-site consumption. The law as it is now prevents law-abiding citizens from protecting themselves while dining in nearly every major sit-down restaurant. I eat out quite often without consuming alcohol and I disarm as the law requires. I would venture to guess that criminals do not, leaving my family and me at risk. Anytime a legally carrying, law-abiding citizen is disarmed, criminals are protected. Please work to remedy this."

I found myself complaining alot about it and doing nothing. Time to step up.

Great letter UofM Matt!

Let's hope that we can get more of us to do the same and make a difference. Let's hope that the dems lose control and they can replace Naifeh as the Speaker.

Come on guys! Let's get it done!

Guest UofM Matt

Received this response from Representative Curry Todd:

"I will be working on changing the Law during the next sessions. I am now serving on a study committee to look at doing this."

I wasn't at all expecting a response, but I do like what he says.

Guest nraforlife

We went down this road last year, the year before that, the year before that... Naifeh keeps having the bills killed BEFORE they can come out for a vote. A vote that would see them passed.

But Naifeh only has the best interests of Tennesseans at heart as he is a HCP holder. After all, either Tennesseans are maniacs and cannot be trusted like KY, GA, and FL residents or by their very nature, banning locations keep out the vermin and carrying is not needed.

Guest 270win

TN needs a good clean bill to allow handguns in places that serve alcohol (leave out the no gun signs and 50% food requirement). It is silly to expect people to be looking out for signs when they go out to eat and also to know if a business makes at least 50% of their money from food. It is much simpler and easier on the permitee to be legal. As of now, it is quite a hassle seeing a pro athletic event, going to the bowling alley, some theaters/live music, because they all serve alcohol. You either have to leave your handgun in the car or discreetly carry. Handguns left unattended in cars is a dumb idea.

I would also decriminalize these silly signs....why should i be fined $500 and my handgun possibly taken because of a sign? It would be much better that the signs had no force of law other than, if you are 'found out', asked to leave and you don't leave, then it is trespassing.

.... Handguns left unattended in cars is a dumb idea....

Floating on TGO somewhere is thread about a news report from Nashville not too long ago, lamenting the high number of handguns stolen from cars.

Lemme think, if I was gonna break into cars hoping to find guns, now where would I be likely to look? Kmart? Nah. WalMart, nah. Burger King, nah.

How about Red Lobster, Ruby Tuesday, OhCharley's, and etc.

YEAH! That's the ticket!

Our legislators are truly STOOPID.

And you'd think law enforcement agencies would pressure them to change the law, too. The video I mentioned had a police captain stating that people shouldn't leave guns in cars. DUUUUHHHHHHHHHH!

- OS

Lemme think, if I was gonna break into cars hoping to find guns, now where would I be likely to look? Kmart? Nah. WalMart, nah. Burger King, nah.

How about Red Lobster, Ruby Tuesday, OhCharley's, and etc.

YEAH! That's the ticket!

Thats a good point,but it is really that?

Does a brain dead thug really know its against the law for those with HCPs to carry in these places,or is it that people who frequent Red Lobster just have more money,and more valuables in the car

Guest nraforlife

Does a brain dead thug really know its against the law for those with HCPs to carry in these places,or is it that people who frequent Red Lobster just have more money,and more valuables in the car

Target of opportunity

The thieves that don't get caught are smarter than the ones that do.

- OS