Frog Lube killed my guns!

[quote name="chances R" post="1125212" timestamp="1394935914"]Similar experience with Frog Lube. Put it on the 1911's.......and after sitting in the safe for a couple of weeks the slides acted and felt gummy. F L is fired. Back to 0/20 W Mobil 1.[/quote]

Mix 12oz of Mobil 1 0w - 30 with 4oz of Mobil 1 Synthetic ATF. Its all you will need and you can make a bunch of it faily cheaply, if you try it, you will be very surprised how well it works.
Glad someone said it. I use wheel bearing grease (without graphite) or zero weight motor or depending on the parts job. I use Break free products for powder fouling and barrel cleaning, but I firmly believe that 90% of gun lubes are hooey

I began using a product called Fluid Film back many moons ago on the advice of an old man because I was having issues with my high end bait casting fishing reels when it was cold outside. They were very sluggish and short casting. I cleaned my reels and applied the Fluid Film and I don't care how cold it is the reels performed perfect. I ask him about using it on firearms and he said he has been using it on his for many years with zero issues so i cleaned all my firearms and lubed them with Fluid Film and they have operated flawlessly every time............................jmho.

I've used fluid film for years on a bunch of stuff but never tried it on firearms. Will have to give it a shot!

I have no experience with FrogLube and never will but considering the product is "green", "bio-based" and contains "food grade" ingredients I highly suspect it could be something akin to vegetable oil.  Go to the kitchen a pull out an older bottle of cooking oil.  Tell me it's not sticky around the top.

No matter what you post someone will still try it. People still post that they use WD-40.

Stick with proven performers not the latest “new” thing.

Whether you use grease or oil for your application; you must clean your weapon. Oil and grease attract and hold debris. Want your weapon to work? Cleanliness; clean properly lubricated guns work.

You don’t have to clean your gun. You can just fire to failure.

Astroglide

Almost as good as liberal hippie tears!!

I tried it on my Sig and my AR. AR seems to like it but the Sig was sluggish.  I hosed everything down with gun scrubber and cleaned it off the Sig. May still do it to the AR.  I use Slip 2000 for everything else.  Probably go back to just that on my AR too.

My wife thinks Hoppes is my aftershave. I'm Blessed...she actually likes it.

Same goes for my wife, loves the smell of that stuff.

I'll have to read up on that Astroglide stuff Brasil...I think I saw some in your range bag yesterday... :cool:

Nope, if I got caught with Astroglide outside the house I'd have some 'splaing to do! :)

I got some samples of Froglube two years ago and have been using it on my Glocks and AR with no issues. Edited by BrasilNuts
  • Like 1