i knew there are idiots out there but this is ridiculous

Guest tangojuliet

Guest TankerHC
Interesting. Very first complaint I have seen on the Henry .22. Any of them. Now I am going to have to look for others. Because they don't seem to be prevalent on the web as he suggests.

So the range i regularly shoot at, the older fellow who owns it has been shooting Lever guns for over 50 years. When I took my Golden Boy up there he watched us shoot over 500 rounds without a hiccup. When we were through he said "you know why? Because that is the best action ever put in a lever gun".

People here know him. In fact I found out about the range from people here. If there is anything that man doesn’t know about guns and shooting, I have yet to see it. So ill take his word for it.

But I have to ask because I don't know. Is the action in the Henry Golden Guns the same in their standard guns?

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

I'm not going to invest the time to watch, but isn't it possible he got a lemon?

Case(s) in point: specifically TankerHC's Tisas and generally the positive/negatives we've all seen posted about Kimber.

Did he contact Henry for after-the-sale service?

Guest tangojuliet

I'm not going to invest the time to watch, but isn't it possible he got a lemon?

Case(s) in point: specifically TankerHC's Tisas and generally the positive/negatives we've all seen posted about Kimber.

nope he said it was to expensive 

That is a crock.  I have had service a number of times from Henry.  Not credible at all.

Just once for me. Brand new carbine wouldn't feed from the magazine. Sent it into Henry and got it back 3 weeks later, didn't cost me a dime and solidified my opinion of the as a company. I think they're great.
Guest TankerHC

That is what I was thinking. Except there are plenty of negative reviews on the Tisas, I'm still looking for the general agreement that the Henry's are anything but great guns. Google, "Henry Lever Action negative reviews", seems like there is always the one guy followed by My Henry's are freaken awesome, followed by, why you should buy the Henry.

Then I keep seeing this. Henry's are junk, which is why I only own Marlins and WInchester.  :wall: Seems to me to be the same guy who bashes Hi-Points but has never owned one.

The difference on the Tisas....I have owned one. And Hi-Points and a bunch of other guns that people bash without having owned, like all of them.

I am of the opinion that you should not bash any firearm you haven't personally owned or shot, everything else, go for it. (I know, firearm bias), but yes, this guy may have just got a lemon. But then as a gun reviewer, shouldn't he go take the money he says he doesn't have and buy another one and do a side by side comparison? 

Guns and Ammo and a zillion other people would seem to disagree with that overall general review, but honestly, looking at it, it does seem as though there are points he is not working that action to intentionally get the desired result, which may be the reason for the negative comments about shooting a lever action on his youtube page. 

Either way, mine works. Maybe he does have a lemon. And maybe, there is WInchester bias. 

Guest TankerHC

OK, so I must have missed something here.

Isnt that the Henry he is shooting "properly" in the very beginning without a single malfunction? Or do I just need to get my glasses fixed, because I cant see the checkering on it from the WInchester he has there.  

Edited by TankerHC
Guest tangojuliet

I bet "Operator Error" would be able to run it, and make a decent video at that.

let me get ahold of my friend fitty  and see if operator error will run an 22 LR henry LOL

let me get ahold of my friend fitty  and see if operator error will run an 22 LR henry LOL

make sure he measures the fully extended action angle.  I would appreciate it if it is converted to radians, also.

I've run shorts, long rifles, subsonics, even gallery caps through my henry, not once have I had a hiccup.  I've also dealt with Henry customer service (regarding an AR-7) and they are top notch. 

JTMaze, you're on the wrong end of the state for me, I'd be happy to let you run mine through its' paces.

We have two and the only problem I had with one of them was a bur on the feed ramp. This was BNIB never fired. Jeff at G&L fixed it in 5 minutes. No big deal and it and my other Henry have functioned without any other problems even with the cheap ammo I use. 

This Video is garbarge......

[quote name="Mark@Sea" post="1123188" timestamp="1394564901"][indent=1]I've run shorts, long rifles, subsonics, even gallery caps through my henry, not once have I had a hiccup. I've also dealt with Henry customer service (regarding an AR-7) and they are top notch. [/indent] [indent=1] JTMaze, you're on the wrong end of the state for me, I'd be happy to let you run mine through its' paces.[/indent][/quote] It seems that way all the time. I have a late 70s model 94 Win. And it is my favorite gun. I can't afford to shoot it like 22. That is why I want one of the inexpensive Henry's. I am glad you spoke up. I guess I am waiting for the 22 craze to get better, I have a hard enough time feeding my other 22s right now. JTM We the People of the United States, in order to form a more Perfect Union......
Guest tangojuliet

This is the reason that I never subscribed to nut in fancy

ScreenShot2014-03-11at21337PM_zpsadbb039

LOL ya he would take 50 minutes to describe a set of grips on a 1911

I knew a guy years ago that bought a Henry .22 and said that he had trouble getting it to function right. He took it back to the store and got a little redneck with them and they gave his money back. He ended up buying something else. This was of course back when you could still get cheap .22 ammo.