What to expect at outdoor range? And which one?

I am looking to visit an outdoor range this afternoon with the wife to shoot a few new handguns. Can anyone recommend a good one close to Bellevue and also let me know what to expect? Do they have targets or anything for sale or is it just bring your own? I just want to show up prepared. I am not new to shooting at ranges, just outdoor ranges. Thanks!

Well the more checking I have done there isn't one really that close to me anyways. Nashville Armory seems like the best indoor range but it's a bit higher than I'm used to paying. No doubt worth it though. Guns and Leather is a few bucks cheaper but on the other side of town. May just have to bite the bullet and give Nashville Armory a shot.

I have always been nervous at indoor ranges due to the lack of a safety officer actually in the range. I believe NA advertises that they have this. If they do then that's a definite plus. I get tired of constantly making sure someone isn't going to shoot me.

[quote name="maroonandwhite" post="1121842" timestamp="1394289558"]Well the more checking I have done there isn't one really that close to me anyways. Nashville Armory seems like the best indoor range but it's a bit higher than I'm used to paying. No doubt worth it though. Guns and Leather is a few bucks cheaper but on the other side of town. May just have to bite the bullet and give Nashville Armory a shot. I have always been nervous at indoor ranges due to the lack of a safety officer actually in the range. I believe NA advertises that they have this. If they do then that's a definite plus. I get tired of constantly making sure someone isn't going to shoot me.[/quote] If you are looking for an outdoor range where range officers are patrolling, you need to check out the following location: http://www.tn.gov/twra/stoneshunted.html Not my thing, but sounds like something you're looking for.
  • Like 1

There's a TWRA range in Ashland City.

http://www.tnoutdoorsmen.com/ranges.htm

Yep; I've been there once. Not a bad place, but there's no range officer there. You have to pay for your range ticket down the street at the convenience store, too.

The times I've been to CHMR everyone was well-behaved, but again, no range officer.

I have not been to Stones River, but I've heard that there is always an RSO there (based on the amount of grumbling I've heard about the "Range Nazis", LOL.)

I've only been to Nashville Armory once so far. The experience was good, and yes, there was an RSO there.

G&L has good ranges. Shorter distances at the Hendersonville location, longer at Greenbrier. Well behaved customers, but no RSO.