Malaysian Plane Missing After Take Off

Guest TankerHC

Investigating the pilot who was a 'political activist'
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2014/03/16/malaysia-flight-missing-pilots/6484249/

And looking at a flight engineer as being an accomplice to the pilot. http://www.foxnews.com/world/2014/03/17/pilots-become-focus-malaysia-airlines-investigation/

"Authorities are also examining the possibility that the plane flew at an altitude of less than 5,000 feet to avoid radar coverage after it turned back from its planned route to Beijing, the Malaysian newspaper New Straits Times reportsexternal-link.png.

The newspaper said officials are reviewing the plane’s flight profile to determine whether it used “terrain masking” techniques during the time it disappeared from radar coverage.

"It's possible that the aircraft had hugged the terrain in some areas that are mountainous to avoid radar detection,” an official told the newspaper. “The person who had control over the aircraft has a solid knowledge of avionics and navigation..."

Terrain hugging with a 777. Sounds like that pilot has experience flying into Sacramento.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

I heard an interested idea today....   Seems there are controls for the cabin oxygen system in the cockpit.  The conspirators could have put on masks, turned the O2 system off, depressurized the cabin, and killed everyone on board quickly and painlessly.    It becomes a flying hearse in less than 5 minutes. 

They haven't announced a number of facts we need to know to estimate how far the plane could have gone...  First, how much fuel was onboard at take off, The flight to Beijing should have taken ~6 hours, for safety purposes, they would have had another 20-25% fuel onboard as a safety margin.

So this plane could well have made it to Pakistan, or even Yemen, Somalia  or somewhere else in the middle east.

There are a bunch of 7,500+ ft runways in the control of terrorist type elements in Iraq and Syria...  Al Qamishli Airport and Kamishly Airport in Syria would have been in reach depending on the exact fuel on board...  these Airports are under control of terrorist elements fighting in Syria.

Iran, is another option...

Lots of places this airplane could have gone...  hundreds of airports, a bunch of runways that are otherwise shutdown and abandon but still could be used for a landing.

I heard an interested idea today....   Seems there are controls for the cabin oxygen system in the cockpit.  The conspirators could have put on masks, turned the O2 system off, depressurized the cabin, and killed everyone on board quickly and painlessly.    It becomes a flying hearse in less than 5 minutes. 

And then what? Crashed it into the ocean? Seems to me that if they wanted to kill everyone they would just crash the plane.

Or are we assuming they then landed it somewhere?

And then what? Crashed it into the ocean? Seems to me that if they wanted to kill everyone they would just crash the plane.

Or are we assuming they then landed it somewhere?

Assuming the plan was to steal the plane.  No better way to preserve their cover than to kill all the passengers quickly.  Then land and dispose of the bodies. 

I believe if their plan was to just destroy the plan and passengers, we wouldn't have missed that spectacle.  Killing 300 people but not getting any news coverage doesn't fit their agenda.  Plus I would think some group would have claimed responsibility

I had that idea as well.  I didn't want to bring it up as it sounds crazy.  I guess the whole situation seems crazy at this point.  But that could be the reason for the climb to 45,000.   Depressurize, knock them out, stay long enough to kill them.  A sudden pressure drop like that would knock a person out almost instantly.   Then let your imagination go.  They could continue to fly to what ever destination they had planned with out worry of 200 plus people trying to get to them.

About the only far fetched idea not being told by the media is alien abduction.  (no, i am not suggesting that either.)

Edited by vontar
Guest TankerHC

I had that idea as well. I didn't want to bring it up as it sounds crazy.. But that could be the reason for the climb to 45,000. Depressurize, knock them out, stay long enough to kill them. A sudden pressure drop like that would knock a person out almost instantly. Then let your imagination go. They could continue to fly to what ever destination they had planned with out worry of 200 plus people trying to get to them.

Isn't that what happened several years ago to the passengers and crew on that Golf Pros plane right here in the US. Flew for hours with everyone on board dead as i recall.

Assuming the plan was to steal the plane.  No better way to preserve their cover than to kill all the passengers quickly.  Then land and dispose of the bodies. 

I believe if their plan was to just destroy the plan and passengers, we wouldn't have missed that spectacle.  Killing 300 people but not getting any news coverage doesn't fit their agenda.  Plus I would think some group would have claimed responsibility

Do we really think a Boeing 777 can really disappear? I suppose anything is possible but I find that hard to believe. First of all, where would one even find a buyer for such an item? Who would have a use for a commercial airliner? Where would they hide the plane?

Guest TankerHC
I have heard so many crackpot theories coming from legitimate news channels it's getting pretty ridiculous. One Senator this morning said the pilot may have flown way out over the water to commit suicide to avoid the embarrassment of commiting suicide, leave no evidence so the insurance would pay off. Then he said that it's happened before. News guy asked him when did it happen before and of course he couldn't answer that question. Just restated his original comment.

Do we really think a Boeing 777 can really disappear? I suppose anything is possible but I find that hard to believe. First of all, where would one even find a buyer for such an item? Who would have a use for a commercial airliner? Where would they hide the plane?

Its certainly possible with the complacency of any airstrip that's long enough.  I would say its not for sale, if stolen it will be used for terrorist ventures for sure.  Many tapes and manuscripts have shown Al Queada's desire to continue to use airliners for their purposes

Guest TankerHC
O'Reilly, when bashing the other channel said the other channel spent an entire hour on the subject. On nothing. Then last night Fox has a 2 hour special report on the same thing and discusses the same thing's.

Guest TankerHC

They haven't announced a number of facts we need to know to estimate how far the plane could have gone... First, how much fuel was onboard at take off, The flight to Beijing should have taken ~6 hours, for safety purposes, they would have had another 20-25% fuel onboard as a safety margin.

So this plane could well have made it to Pakistan, or even Yemen, Somalia or somewhere else in the middle east.

There are a bunch of 7,500+ ft runways in the control of terrorist type elements in Iraq and Syria... Al Qamishli Airport and Kamishly Airport in Syria would have been in reach depending on the exact fuel on board... these Airports are under control of terrorist elements fighting in Syria.

Lots of places this airplane could have gone... hundreds of airports, a bunch of runways that are otherwise shutdown and abandon but still could be used for a landing.

How do they know he didn't shut down an engine to save fuel.

• Moderators

Buyers do not matter if there are terror plots in store for the plane or if a country wanted it done for political reasons.

Not saying that it was stolen or hidden, but think about this.

If the plane was indeed headed in another direction, that means that either the pilots or someone on the plane decided it was going in another direction. Were someone hellbent on suicide, why fly the plane in another direction for so long? Why not just crash the plane immediately? If they changed direction for a certain amount of time without intentionally crashing the plane, they were either headed somewhere or lost due to an equipment malfunction (I'm not a pilot but I assume equipment could fail and cause loss of precise direction). If they were headed to a specific location, they either got there or were shot down by a foreign government/crashed. Perhaps it was a flight 93 type accident; The pilots/hijackers were up to no good and the passengers became aware and put a stop to it by crashing the plane. If they arrived, that means that there is a conspiracy (literally, two or more people had to have been involved).

Or this is all fabricated to take the west's eyes off of what is going on in Russia and the Ukraine. Perhaps Putin is even behind it himself.

Or maybe it crashed into a vast ocean and it will take years to find it, but what is the likelihood of that?

Guest TankerHC

Saw a map on one of the news channels yesterday. 1500 places in 5 countries he could have landed.

Given that there has been no claim of responsibility, I think this was practice.  Whoever did it is simply practicing for something bigger to come later.  They found a relatively low security airline and tried their plan to see if it would work.  So far, it would appear it has. 

A 777 is a big airplane, but Earth is a pretty big place.  It could be anywhere by now. 

peejman, Pilots are not able to control passenger O2 with an on/off on newer aircraft like the 777.  Passenger O2 comes from individual oxygen generator at each passenger service unit (PSU).   Oxygen generators are like what took that Value Jet airliner down when they caught fire in the cargo compartment.   I don't remember how long the generators lasts but the FAA requires enough O2 to make an emergency decent from max certified altitude to a lower altitude around 10,000 feet.  I am sorry I don't remember all the exact numbers.  But  the bad guys could hang out long enough to put everyone out for good.  :-(

Edited by TerryW
  • Like 1

I don't think shutting an engine down would save much fuel vs flying the most optimal speed and altitude.  I just check via FSX a 777-200ER could make the flight no problem, to Syria on a full tank of gas.

So this plane could well have made it to Pakistan, or even Yemen, Somalia  or somewhere else in the middle east.

There are a bunch of 7,500+ ft runways in the control of terrorist type elements in Iraq and Syria...  Al Qamishli Airport and Kamishly Airport in Syria would have been in reach depending on the exact fuel on board...  these Airports are under control of terrorist elements fighting in Syria.

Lots of places this airplane could have gone...  hundreds of airports, a bunch of runways that are otherwise shutdown and abandon but still could be used for a landing.

I don’t think anyone is arguing they couldn’t have flown to any of those places. I’m saying they couldn’t have done it undetected by security defenses or unnoticed by people on the ground. It would have been reported by now.

It seems to me all the news is doing now is quoting each other. Pretty soon they will get around to alien abduction.

Guest TankerHC

You don't go shutting one out of the two engines down to save fuel. On a plane like that it would probably not save anything,
anyway.

Yes, but then you don't go stealing a plane with over 200 people on board either. Not exactly normal flight procedures. ....I hope.

Guest TankerHC

Yes, but then you don't go stealing a plane with over 200 people on board either. Not exactly normal flight procedures. ....I hope.

More likely than they were captured by Aliens.

Guest TankerHC
Hey, I am not a Pilot. Guess I'm going to have to come up with another theory. So here's one. This whole thing bears a great number of similarities to the USS Eldridge incident. I bet if a reporter were to ask the US Navy would deny this one also.

• Moderators
[quote name="TankerHC" post="1126033" timestamp="1395103087"]Hey, I am not a Pilot. Guess I'm going to have to come up with another theory. So here's one. This whole thing bears a great number of similarities to the USS Eldridge incident. I bet if a reporter were to ask the US Navy would deny this one also. Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2[/quote] Interesting. I was thinking it was possibly quite close to the Lusitania. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk