Malaysian Plane Missing After Take Off

Guest TankerHC
This came up last night. It was explained. The phones aren't on. The families reported the phone chat accounts were still active. The explanation is that the phone chat on whatever China company it is, is set up exactly like Gmail chat. If the customer had chat activated but did not log out even if the phone were destroyed it would appear they are still logged in.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2
I finally watched the news yesterday. This story is crazy. Opinion Alert: I think the plane is fine and going to be used for something nefarious and the pilots were in on it. The way the news is reporting is like those two pilots fly together all the time.? Scary scary scary. I hope they find the plane and passengers safe.
  • Like 1
[quote name="TerryW" post="1123464" timestamp="1394624323"]I finally watched the news yesterday. This story is crazy. Opinion Alert: I think the plane is fine and going to be used for something nefarious and the pilots were in on it. The way the news is reporting is like those two pilots fly together all the time.? Scary scary scary. I hope they find the plane and passengers safe.[/quote] Do you really think that's possible, or even probable considering the response of countries who had citizens aboard? Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
[quote name="TMF" post="1123466" timestamp="1394624805"]Do you really think that's possible, or even probable considering the response of countries who had citizens aboard?Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk[/quote] Malaysia seems to be either covering up it negligent. The flight path projection I saw shows the plane may have crossed back over Malaysia/Thailand and into the Andaman Sea. And of course a Vietnamese oil rig worker says he saw and explosion in the sky that night.

I finally watched the news yesterday. This story is crazy. Opinion Alert: I think the plane is fine and going to be used for something nefarious and the pilots were in on it. The way the news is reporting is like those two pilots fly together all the time.? Scary scary scary. I hope they find the plane and passengers safe.

Do you really think that's possible, or even probable considering the response of countries who had citizens aboard? Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

with ideology as a motivator, absolutely.  The passengers are probably just incidental in that scenario, and the organization that carries it out considers it an independent, - and terminal - operation, thus not concerned about the political fallout.

• Like 1

Do you really think that's possible, or even probable considering the response of countries who had citizens aboard? Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Possible, yes.  While a 777 is a big airplane, the world is a pretty darn big place.  Even as connected as we are these days, there's lots and lots of nothing out there, and that plane could fly a long way.  Those who would do such a thing couldn't give two shits about the passengers or what their countries' governments think about it. 

Honestly, I think it's at the bottom of the ocean somewhere.  But for the sake of the passengers and their families, I hope they're found safe. 

with ideology as a motivator, absolutely.  The passengers are probably just incidental in that scenario, and the organization that carries it out considers it an independent, - and terminal - operation, thus not concerned about the political fallout.

Understood.  If this was a terrorist gig we obviously know that international response is not a concern... in fact, it would be part of the plan.  It would just seem difficult to recruit two pilots unless they were also brainwashed ideologues who were prepared to give up everything, because they would have to know they'd be hunted for the rest of their lives and would likely be caught.

The skeptic that I am, I recognize that the more moving pieces in a plan leaves more room for failure, and a requirement that the plan must be executed in such a manner that there is zero room for any failure point at any of those moving pieces makes it tough to swallow unless we're talking movie plots here.  As much as we give the 9/11 hijackers credit for having a grand plan that was seamlessly executed, the plan itself was fairly simple, and they did their share of screwups along the way that they only were successful because of our bureaucracy in the intel world.

So, that would be the reason for me to be skeptical that they were able to disappear an aircraft that requires a 1 1/2 mile landing strip and has 230 passengers that were all able to be relieved of any and all cell phones or satellite communications before being able to get a message out.  It would lead me to think that there is a 99.99% chance that this plane is in a million pieces either due to terrorist act, negligence or catastrophic failure of some kind.

Edited by TMF

Understood.  If this was a terrorist gig we obviously know that international response is not a concern... in fact, it would be part of the plan.  It would just seem difficult to recruit two pilots unless they were also brainwashed ideologues who were prepared to give up everything, because they would have to know they'd be hunted for the rest of their lives and would likely be caught.

The skeptic that I am, I recognize that the more moving pieces in a plan leaves more room for failure, and a requirement that the plan must be executed in such a manner that there is zero room for any failure point at any of those moving pieces makes it tough to swallow unless we're talking movie plots here.  As much as we give the 9/11 hijackers credit for having a grand plan that was seamlessly executed, the plan itself was fairly simple, and they did their share of screwups along the way that they only were successful because of our bureaucracy in the intel world.

So, that would be the reason for me to be skeptical that they were able to disappear an aircraft that requires a 1 1/2 mile landing strip and has 230 passengers that were all able to be relieved of any and all cell phones or satellite communications before being able to get a message out.  It would lead me to think that there is a 99.99% chance that this plane is in a million pieces either due to terrorist act, negligence or catastrophic failure of some kind.

Agreed.  The highest probability is as you describe.

But - for thought -

I do think it is not as complicated as one thinks.  And it has precedent in part from other airline pilots going rogue.

Get one on board with ideology, and the other pilot can be coerced via $ and family (or simply shot when he takes a nap).

I do not know how many mothballed bases are out there, but in SE Asia, I bet there are several which used to handle B52 bombers. 

Honestly (and sadly for the families), I hope they find the debris field.  The implications of anything else are horrible to imagine.

Agreed.  The highest probability is as you describe.

But - for thought -

I do think it is not as complicated as one thinks.  And it has precedent in part from other airline pilots going rogue.

Get one on board with ideology, and the other pilot can be coerced via $ and family (or simply shot when he takes a nap).

I do not know how many mothballed bases are out there, but in SE Asia, I bet there are several which used to handle B52 bombers. 

Honestly (and sadly for the families), I hope they find the debris field.  The implications of anything else are horrible to imagine.

And just because the Boeing web site says a 7000ft runway is required, doesn't mean the plane can't land in a much shorter distance.  Take the Dream-lifter for example.... the "book" says 9000ft.  It easily landed and took off again on a 6000 ft runway. 

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/jumbo-cargo-jet-lands-wrong-airport-short-runway-article-1.1524440

Not trying to jack the thread, but Im on a flight right now,if it disappears, i have a black 1650 pelican case with a Glock decal on it and a I like guns and coffee sticker next to it.I wear size 12 red wing boots so if something happens, and one of yall find the case, get a new one from pelican( lifetime guarantee) and put me in the veterans cemetery in w nashville in the new pelican case. I didnt check a weapon this trip so there shouldnt be anything of value but my cell phones.I always leave one on when traveling so if you call it and get my voicemail,its cause Im busy or have been retasked as coyote feed or dust involuntarily.Thanks!! :up:

PS No plane just disappears of that size and magnitude.We ( the US) catalog a zillion pieces of junk floating around earth in space and monitor changes.Someone just aint sayin........

Edited by Dustbuster
  • Like 1
Guest TankerHC

Not trying to jack the thread, but Im on a flight right now,if it disappears, i have a black 1650 pelican case with a Glock decal on it and a I like guns and coffee sticker next to it.I wear size 12 red wing boots so if something happens, and one of yall find the case, get a new one from pelican( lifetime guarantee) and put me in the veterans cemetery in w nashville in the new pelican case. I didnt check a weapon this trip so there shouldnt be anything of value but my cell phones.I always leave one on when traveling so if you call it and get my voicemail,its cause Im busy or have been retasked as coyote feed or dust involuntarily.Thanks!! :up:

PS No plane just disappears of that size and magnitude.We ( the US) catalog a zillion pieces of junk floating around earth in space and monitor changes.Someone just aint sayin........

Is one of your cell phone's a iPhone 5s? Is so we may have to find that also, if your carrying a Motorola 52160 your chances of being found will be greatly reduced. 

Guest TankerHC

Now you can help find the plane (Really), thousands of people are on tomnod. www.tomnod.com trying to help find the plane.

Vietnam is scaling back the search and may call it off because Malaysia is not giving them any information.

If you go there give it a minute to load. 

The big X in a circle in the upper left, click on it and it gives you tagging options. (Aircraft wreckage, raft, oil slick, other), annd you can naivigate with your keyboard arrow keys. 

If you see something, put the arrow on top of it then right click, you will get a large purple circle designating the area.

Ive already tagged a few things, easy to do. 

Edited by TankerHC
Guest TankerHC

Doesn't work even when I tweak things around a little. What was it about? Presumably it was images of some sort. How old?

Live Sattelite updates. It is thousands of square miles of the crash area in grids, people are looking for one of four things they can tag. Mentioned above, wreckage, oil slick, rafts, or other  (Anything).

Its been crashing because so many people are looking. But it comes right back up in a few minutes and stays up for a long time. 

CNN - You -- the person now reading this story -- can help experts solve the mystery of what happened to Malaysia Airlines Flight 370, which disappeared over the open sea.

Instead of Tomnod, go directly to the Tomnod Malaysia flight instead, here.

http://www.tomnod.com/nod/challenge/malaysiaairsar2014/map/22534

Edited by TankerHC

BTW, if it truly crashed where the Chinese believe they may have found it along the expected flight path which explains the mystery of why the transponder was off.

Remember, Ockham's Razor. 

Edited by vontar
Not an s but a 5, I did take out enough for 100 members to be lifetime members, and I don't care if there's a bone frag the size of a quarter, I want my pelican case funeral w honors. There's also a provision in the policy for 50 members to attend the tonto "bubba" Goldstein convention complete w nymph attendees. Better find my phone .... Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2 of course it ate my spelling.