Knife recommendation...?

I've been carrying a Spyderco Delica for a daily/work knife, serrated edge blade.

http://www.thespydercostore.com/Spyderco-Delica-4-SS-Serrated-Edge-Knife-p/c11s.htm

What I like about it is it's thinest, weight, being SS and the serrated blade. What I don't like is that the edge doesn't last. Spyderco will replace it for a fee and I've done this twice already. 

The blade steel is made from VG-10, whatever grade of hardness that is I have no idea and maybe my use is the expected life of the edge, don't know?

What I would like is a similar knife with harder steel so it will keep an edge longer.

I may have the best choice for my use, I don't know, just wondering if the TGO's experts would have a better alternative.

1) it needs to be thin, the Delica is .290 in width.

2) Serrated blade, found this to be the most useful.

3) pocket clip, SS would be nice.

VG-10 is pretty good stuff. If you want more durable, you're going to have to go up to S30V, S35VN, or similar/better. The cost of the knife is gonna go up. The up side with VG-10 is that it's easier to sharpen than the tougher steels.

Blade steel aside, the Delica is a great knife. Wish I had a suggestion. VG-10 will serve you pretty well if you maintain the edge. There are some out there that prefer VG-10 for EDC because it's easy to maintain. Just gotta give it regular strokes on a Sharpmaker (or your favorite tool) before it turns into a butter knife. 

I use a SOG Flash II Tanto for a work knife. I have gotten away from steak knives (serrated blades). With the things I cut at work, no knife can stay sharp so I keep a Lansky sharpening kit on my desk. We get knives from Smoky Mountain Knife Works and over the years I have tried many different knives. Even with that, I am no expert. There's just too many knife manufacturers out there. Good luck on your search.

I've been carrying a Spyderco Delica for a daily/work knife, serrated edge blade.

http://www.thespydercostore.com/Spyderco-Delica-4-SS-Serrated-Edge-Knife-p/c11s.htm

What I like about it is it's thinest, weight, being SS and the serrated blade. What I don't like is that the edge doesn't last. Spyderco will replace it for a fee and I've done this twice already. 

The blade steel is made from VG-10, whatever grade of hardness that is I have no idea and maybe my use is the expected life of the edge, don't know?

What I would like is a similar knife with harder steel so it will keep an edge longer.

I may have the best choice for my use, I don't know, just wondering if the TGO's experts would have a better alternative.

1) it needs to be thin, the Delica is .290 in width.

2) Serrated blade, found this to be the most useful.

3) pocket clip, SS would be nice.

Good grief!  What are you cutting?  If you've worn out a VG10 blade three times, that some serious heavy duty work!!!

Good grief!  What are you cutting?  If you've worn out a VG10 blade three times, that some serious heavy duty work!!!

Whatever I want.  :) Actually I don't think I'm that rough with it.

They have this knife in Damascus steel with a plain edge but I believe I'd baby it at that price.

Probably what I ought to do is learn the hardness ratings and do a comparison and determine where the hardness is with the VG-10 steel.

The SOG Flash II Tanto looks like a good option and I like that blade shape at the tip.  :up: