I am new here...

Guest tn_wolf

Guest tn_wolf

....and I was wanting opinions from yall-the pros and cons- about getting a C&R license....I have been considering this for months. Input please/

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They cost $30 and generally speaking the savings of your firearms purchase will take care of that. Heck whats no to like.

If you don't have a C&R Lincese, you really need to consider getting one------------- it is a license to spend money, though. haha

C&R = saved money on transfers
Saved money on transfers = more C&R's
More C&R's = less than desirable bank account
Less than desirable bank account = pissed wife
Pissed wife = no Nookie
No nookie = more C&R's

A vicious cycle. :D

I'd say go for it, I'm saving the cost ($30.) on my next Brownells order alone. I don't use it for C&Rs much though, I bought a few when I first got it but haven't in a while. The supply on cheap surplus guns is drying up, there are still lots of cool guns that qualify though.
What's nice about the C&R today is that we're getting into some nice 1960s produced firearms that are still in great shape. Anything over 50 years old is C&R eligible. Guns were getting more prevalent then and don't seem to be abused as much as those that were produced 60+ years ago.

the best days are over but they still fins small batches of stuff that you can order and it be a lot cheaper than gun shows or shops. the mosin nagants are still some of the best deals out there and the ammo is still cheap. it is well worth the money and time.

I just used my C&R to purchase a fairly nice 1960s J.C.Higgins (made by Marlin for Sears).35 Rem. Will be shipped directly to my house tomorrow. The savings on the transfer and back ground check alone will pay for the license. Whats not to like.

Guest tangojuliet

I just used my C&R to purchase a fairly nice 1960s J.C.Higgins (made by Marlin for Sears).35 Rem. Will be shipped directly to my house tomorrow. The savings on the transfer and back ground check alone will pay for the license. Whats not to like.

bewared with .35 remington its a pain in the ass to find ammo trust me my  dad has a marlin  336 made in the 70s in 35 rem we cant find ammo anywhere ...

bewared with .35 remington its a pain in the ass to find ammo trust me my  dad has a marlin  336 made in the 70s in 35 rem we cant find ammo anywhere ...

Not to worry I already reload for this caliber. Have a model 170 Savage in .35 Rem already, and I just bought 60 bullets and cases for a member over on Castboolits. Plus my next casting mold will be for this, and if you didn't know, you can use .357 bullets for a nice plinking loads and small game out to about 100 yds. So I'm not stressing to much, but thanks for the concern.