Russia invades Crimea ?

Fourtyfive

Guest semiautots

Yup believe it or not all those gangs dont like people on their turf whether its other gangs or commies.

But those gangs only have one clip worth of bullets!

Not a Baptist, misreported around the globe, he is an Evangelical Protestant.

He is actually associated with the Evangelical Baptist Union of Ukraine. 

The Baptist Press has been covering this guy for years, as well as associated with the International Missions Board

Interestingly, a biker friend from New Zealand lives in Kiev near the church he preaches at. They take their kid to the church playground there.

Edited by R_Bert
Guest TankerHC

I try to avoid Religious discussions, actually Political discussions as well, but if you ignore Political discussion all the time eventually you lose everything, including your way of life and your Religion. I actually had to look this up through the Ukrainian papers since I grew up around a lot of Poles and Ukrainians, Check out Canton, Baltimore, my neighborhood was 80% Ukrainian and Polish, they all came over right after WWII. Most of my friends parents didn't even speak English and before I went to school a Ukrainian girl (Christine Wazewski) taught me how to read and write. We had Churches everywhere, I went to a Baptist Church, when you said he was Baptist it surprised me since I never once saw a Ukrainian set foot in a Baptist Church. So I had to see that for myself. Ill come back and find it, but he has no connection to Baptists according to the Ukrainians, they make it pretty clear that it is a misreport that occurs over and over and that he is an Evangelical Protestant, not a Baptist. 

Not arguing about it, it just surprised me to see that a leader in Ukraine was neither a Catholic or Protestant and was a Baptist. I'm sure there are plenty of Baptists all over Germany as well, I never met any, they were all Protestants. 

Edited by TankerHC
Guest TankerHC

Are you saying he is this? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Lutheran_Evangelical_Protestant_Church ?

(but apparently there are some "Baptists" in Ukraine - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evangelical_Baptist_Union_of_Ukraine )

No, what I am saying is that the Ukranians say he  is an Evangelical Protestant, and that as an Evangelical Protestant he is not a Baptist and the story that he is a Baptist is a story that has been traveling around the globe, incorrectly, for a while. As I mentioned, I will not get into a dispute over Religion, those are no win arguments for either side that can go on forever, and have. 

My religion goes this far. I believe in a Supreme being and in all cases of difficulty and danger put my trust in God.

That is all I will discuss on Religion. 

No, what I am saying is that the Ukranians say he  is an Evangelical Protestant, and that as an Evangelical Protestant he is not a Baptist and the story that he is a Baptist is a story that has been traveling around the globe, incorrectly, for a while. As I mentioned, I will not get into a dispute over Religion, those are no win arguments for either side that can go on forever, and have. 

My religion goes this far. I believe in a Supreme being and in all cases of difficulty and danger put my trust in God.

That is all I will discuss on Religion. 

no problem.

My confusion -

"evangelical protestant" is a very wide term (basically anything Christian-non Catholic with Martin Luther roots)

I am only trying to figure out what you think his affiliation is, not the sacraments & tenets of his faith.

BTW, Baptists (be it American, Southern, Free Will,  World Baptist Alliance, etc) *are* Protestant, and generally (but not always) evangelical.

I was just trying to figure out which system / group / alliance of "Evangelical Protestant" you are speaking of.

I actually don't care what the guy is beyond that.

But - don't worry about it.  Did not mean to cause angst.

Edited by R_Bert
Guest TankerHC

no problem.

My confusion -

"evangelical protestant" is a very wide term (basically anything Christian-non Catholic with Martin Luther roots)

I am only trying to figure out what you think his affiliation is, not the sacraments & tenets of his faith.

BTW, Baptists (be it American, Southern, Free Will, World Baptist Alliance, etc) *are* Protestant, and generally (but not always) evangelical.

I was just trying to figure out which system / group / alliance of "Evangelical Protestant" you are speaking of.

I actually don't care what the guy is beyond that.

But - don't worry about it. Did not mean to cause angst.

Ahh...you didn't. I TRY to avoid getting into Religious discussions until the leftists start incorrectly quoting the Constitution and TRY to be involved in Politics responsibly. Just a thing.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2