$650 worth of fun

LI0NSFAN

I got a visit from the UPS driver today. He brought me the final piece to my range AR set up. This will be the AR that I bring for friends and family to abuse so they dont mess my nice AR up. Here is what $650 got me

PlumCrazy lower with 5 mags and 100rds of american eagle 223 from a local private sale $120

Chiappa AR-15 22lr upper with 3 mags picked up at the gun show for $225otd

PTAC 16" 5.56 Complete upper $304.99 shipped

Now I know none of these items are highend compitition type stuff but after a family member messed up a $1500 rifle I decided that I would get a cheap AR fot them to mess up. I want to be the only that messes up my rifle.

Now to start on my TGO build, I am thinking a pistol this time.

Edited by LI0NSFAN
  • Like 1
  • Moderators

I got a visit from the UPS driver today. He brought me the final piece to my range AR set up. This will be the AR that I bring for friends and family to abuse so they dont mess my nice AR up. Here is what $650 got me

PlumCrazy lower with 5 mags and 100rds of american eagle 223 from a local private sale $120

Chiappa AR-15 22lr upper with 3 mags picked up at the gun show for $225otd

PTAC 16" 5.56 Complete upper $304.99 shipped

Now I know none of these items are highend compitition type stuff but after a family member messed up a $1500 rifle I decided that I would get a cheap AR fot them to mess up. I want to be the only that messes up my rifle.

Now to start on my TGO build, I am thinking a pistol this time.

Just curious. What exactly happened that he messed up a $1500 rifle?

Just curious. What exactly happened that he messed up a $1500 rifle?

He finished up shooting and went to sit it down on the rest, missed and it fell off the rest. The private range we were at had a steep hill right infront of the rest. It slid all the way down the hill and scratched the heck out of it. It hit the cinder block ledge before the slide and put a nice gouge on the hand gaurd and made the red dot useless. It is currently getting a dura coat put on and I have a new hand gaurd on the way.

Edited by LI0NSFAN
  • Moderators

He finished up shooting and went to sit it down on the rest, missed and it fell off the rest. The private range we were at had a steep hill right infront of the rest. It slid all the way down the hill and scrathed the heck out of it. It hit the cinder block ledge before the slide and put a nice gouge on the hand gaurd and made the red dot useless. It is currently getting a dura coat put on and I have a new hand gaurd on the way.

:down:

He finished up shooting and went to sit it down on the rest, missed and it fell off the rest. The private range we were at had a steep hill right infront of the rest. It slid all the way down the hill and scrathed the heck out of it. It hit the cinder block ledge before the slide and put a nice gouge on the hand gaurd and made the red dot useless. It is currently getting a dura coat put on and I have a new hand gaurd on the way.

So now it is "battle worn".

• Like 1

So now it is "battle worn".

Mark my words, someday the firearm industry will start coming our with "aged" guns. They'll charge an arm and half a leg for a gun they'll bang with keys and chains and drag around the shop.

"Now you too can own a genuine Colt with the look and feel of a trusted companion."

Don't believe me? Just wait.
  • Like 2
I'm in. Love the name, Battle Worn. Sounds almost majestic.

Since you thought of the name I guess you have some seniority. You can be the "master beater". :rofl:

They won't let me have keys anymore, not since "the incident". Guess I'll have to just drag them around a parking lot to do my bit.
Sounds like the OP got some great deals, should be worth it for sure. One thing about the 22 upper though... it's probably cheaper for them to shoot the centerfire... ;-) As for battle worn guns, it's an awesome idea, but they've been selling them by the millions for years. AKs and Mosins from all over the world, various US military rifles through the CMP, and of course my latest favorite... the AR15 parts kits from Vietnam which you can get for $400-$450 But perhaps once the libtards ban all the surplus stuff, there will be a market for "replica surplus" including simulated import markings and old musty slings, complete with a thick coating of cosmoline... :D

Oh that sucked!  Did he realize what he did?

[quote name="TrickyNicky" post="1118210" timestamp="1393636985"]Mark my words, someday the firearm industry will start coming our with "aged" guns. They'll charge an arm and half a leg for a gun they'll bang with keys and chains and drag around the shop. "Now you too can own a genuine Colt with the look and feel of a trusted companion." Don't believe me? Just wait.[/quote] The latest Jesse James gun is being described as "battle worn" and your spot on with the price too! It starts at $3500 it looks great, but definitely not $3500 with of great! Quote from his website on the Sandman Rifle: "They are painstakingly hand finished with KG Gun Kote, and Authentically weathered for the Ultimate Battle Scarred finish." -southernasylum Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Edited by southernasylum

You heard it here folks....the rich guys paying us all to use their guns just so they look cool when they show them off to their friends. I'm not sure if it's brilliant or down right ignorant but I'm in either way. I'd be pretty good at taking other peoples weapons and throwing them baseball style 90mph at a brick wall to simulate a drop from a 2 story building. It'd suite me fine.....

Anyways....to the OP....awesome finds and great prices. My father and others have dropped pieces over the years, it sucks I know.

The latest Jesse James gun is being described as "battle worn" and your spot on with the price too! It starts at $3500 it looks great, but definitely not $3500 with of great!
Quote from his website on the Sandman Rifle:
"They are painstakingly hand finished with KG Gun Kote, and Authentically weathered for the Ultimate Battle Scarred finish."
-southernasylum

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IT HAS BEGUNNNNN!!!

Next up are all the DIY attempts to prematurely wear them.

These will looks awful and shall be mocked by all at first. But then, only by some. Then, by much fewer people shall they be mocked.

Then comes the darkest of times. One day, no will know what an honestly worn and loved rifle even looks like anymore. You will proudly show your best shooting pieces to your friends only to have them criticize the quality of your holster wear, point out the unrealistic amount of scratches and dings in the furniture, and question why you haven't filed marks into your stock to represent your fallen enemies, after all, the real gunfighters all have them.

Dark times are ahead friends. Dark times.
Oh, to the OP.

Good idea on the plum crazy lower. Polymer has been very reliable for me for range uses and is cheaply replace should anyone manage to break it. I'm little by little getting ready to swap all my uppers and furniture from the polymer lowers to aluminum ones, once I'm done I plan to build the polymer ones up again as lightweight models for family range days.

Mark my words, someday the firearm industry will start coming our with "aged" guns. They'll charge an arm and half a leg for a gun they'll bang with keys and chains and drag around the shop.

"Now you too can own a genuine Colt with the look and feel of a trusted companion."

Don't believe me? Just wait.

You know Nodak already does this right?  You can buy a "battlefield pickup" AR upper and lower set that they sand(?) to make it look used.

Edited by gjohnsoniv