NCIS TV Show

runco

• Moderators

Like DrAlarms, I wasn't aware of that. A very sad thing to find out.

It doesn't bother me to find out when an actor or actress is anti-gun. What bothers me is when that same actor or actress portrays a character that is very pro-gun. Most of the time this is done in a LEO setting, such as NCIS and Mark Harmon. You can be anti-gun all you want, but to show examples on tv and movies in which good guys with guns stop bad guys with guns is so hypocritical. I suppose it is the whole "We trust the elites with them but not they common with them" thing. 

It doesn't bother me to find out when an actor or actress is anti-gun. What bothers me is when that same actor or actress portrays a character that is very pro-gun. Most of the time this is done in a LEO setting, such as NCIS and Mark Harmon. You can be anti-gun all you want, but to show examples on tv and movies in which good guys with guns stop bad guys with guns is so hypocritical. I suppose it is the whole "We trust the elites with them but not they common with them" thing. 

Good commentary. I've wondered for years why so many people look up to the acting community like they were the most intelligent of our species. We seemingly endow them with mystical knowledge of what's best for us, and at the very least, hang on every word they utter. Evidently hoping to find a jewel of truth in their (the actors) lives and words.

We have too long put these people on a pedestal. We give them almost god-like status because they are on tv or in a movie.

This is absolutely absurd.

I purposely try to not watch too much TV and movies just for the fact I hate building the careers up of these same Hollywood goons. There are 314 million people in the United States, I hate it that they continuously use the same 1000 or so actors and actresses. Then we build them up to heroic type status, bowing down to their beliefs. Besides, NCIS is so factually wrong I almost can not stand it, NCIS Los Angeles is so far off base it should be on the SciFi channel.

Mark Harmon (Gibbs) is a gun control advocate.

Apparently so is his wife "Mindy".  Oh well, guess I'll have to continue not caring what an actor's personal beliefs are.  I like NCIS and will continue watching it, even if the gun show business last night was bordering on "an agenda".

Edited by Garufa
  • Like 2

I think Mark Harmon and his wife's gun control views came about after her costar in an 80's tv show, Rebecca Shaeffer, was murdered by a stalker. Although I may not agree with their views I can see how that event influenced them. 

I'm a fan of the show but did not see the episode in question. To assume that Mark Harmon would be pro gun because he plays gun toting Agent Gibbs on tv would violate one of Gibbs' "rules"; Rule 8: "Never take anything for granted." 

I guess I will still watch NCIS in spite of Mark Harmon's gun views because I do like the show.

I have been watching it since it first began and I have also known about Mark Harmon's anti gun attitude but then a lot of Tinsel Town claims to be anti gunners. I have learned to take a lot of that with a grain of salt, reason being that the few that have admitted that they are Pro-Gun don't get work once they come out of the closet with their feelings. Gary Sinese never came out and openly admitted to be Pro-Gun but because his charities he raises money for  supports a few organizations that support in any little way a pro gun attitude CSI New York got yanked and I don't know if he is able to get any work. That is why in all honesty I think many actors and actresses claim to be anti gun to keep working, but I have my doubts that all that many of them really are but that is my opinion. I did notice that Gene Hackman made the decision right after making the Movie Unforgiven with Clint Eastwood that he would never make another violent movie and this year he retired. I have heard about a few other actors that admitted being Pro gun and once they did they didn't get any work. So my conclusion is that if you are Pro Gun in Tinsel Town and admit it you don't work........................jmho  

[quote name="Monkeyman2500" post="1117151" timestamp="1393454214"]Tom Selleck is one of my all time favorite actors. The wife loves him. Magnum PI was a great show.[/quote] Watched that and Hawaii Five-O when I was growing up. Loved both and will still watch Magnum episodes on demand. Edited by CQB Elite
  • Like 1

Tom Selleck is a great actor and I watch all of the Jesse Stone movies and yes he is getting acting jobs but he is also in high demand for his style of acting. I would not even watch Blue Bloods if he was not in it. There are a few Pro gun actors getting work but there are many more that are not..........jmho

Tom Selleck is a great actor and I watch all of the Jesse Stone movies and yes he is getting acting jobs but he is also in high demand for his style of acting. I would not even watch Blue Bloods if he was not in it. There are a few Pro gun actors getting work but there are many more that are not..........jmho

I enjoy the Jesse Stone movies and I am also a Blue Bloods fan. The Jesse Stone books by Robert B. Parker are good if you like reading, http://www.robertbparker.net/. I have read all the Jesse Stone and Sunny Randall books over the years and I am now reading his Spenser detective series of books. They were the basis for the old tv series and movies Spenser for Hire that starred Robert Urich. 

Tom Selleck took some flak a while back from Rosie O'Donnell over his pro gun stance but he handled himself well; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtkgoGY4Cm4

Edited by McGarrett

I loved Rosies idiotic comment (appx 5:50) about the 2nd Amendment allowing us to have muskets for when "the British people come over in 1800". Either she thinks the Founding Fathers were clairvoyant or she doesn't know when, or why, the Revolutionary War was fought. The mantra of liberals is don't let the facts interfere with how you feel, even if it's irrational.

Guest Cazador

Has there ever been an actor that said " I was working as a lawyer, accountant, doctor, etc...."?? Not likely. Most of them say they were dishwashers or waiters when they got their big break. Do you ask the person taking your order at Cracker Barrel for advice? Not likely. So who gives a rats ass what George Clooney or Jay Z or any of those other Hollywood dishwashers think.