The All-New.......iGun - the smart answer to everything

R_Bert

Guest TankerHC
It hasn't been "a dream" for years. One guy has been trying to sell his smart gun crap for years, especially during the "recent unpleasantness".

Any gun owner that needs this smart tech to be safe probably doesn't need to own one to begin with. Mr Super pro 2A guy in the article is a smart tech dealer so of course he is pro smart tech. Drug dealers promote their product as well.

The anti 2A anti gun left want to make smart guns mandatory.

Let them keep this new "greatest thing since sliced bread" tech in Kommieformnia.

I personally would rather not have to wear a watch to bed or hope that my watch makes the connection when I need it.

To be fair i only read the first paragraph. But with an entire paragraph promoting this junk, by Super pro 2A guy in California, I didn't need to read any further.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

Lt. Colonel Budo made "smart gun" in 1980. It did not have any unreliable electronics neither a battery. It can be only fired if a shooter wears special ring on his finger. The prototype was based on Stechkin pistol.

Remarkably, Nikolay Budo himself carried standard Makarov pistol

If mass produced, i'd give it a week before there were tutorials online for "smart gun jailbreak/root". If it runs on bluetooth, wifi, wpan, etc... it's putting off a signal which someone will crack.

***edit*** Not to mention (again, if it was mass produced), I don't want to draw my gun and find out it doesn't work because someone figured out how to build an e-war device that scrambles/blocks that communication.

Edited by NoBanStan
  • Moderators

If mass produced, i'd give it a week before there were tutorials online for "smart gun jailbreak/root". If it runs on bluetooth, wifi, wpan, etc... it's putting off a signal which someone will crack.

***edit*** Not to mention (again, if it was mass produced), I don't want to draw my gun and find out it doesn't work because someone figured out how to build an e-war device that scrambles/blocks that communication.

That would be "Smart Gun" feature 2.0 After implementing and requiring gun smart features, instead of posting signs on doors businesses would also pay the "smart gun" companies to install devices in buildings that would disable "smart guns" based upon RFID technology, geofencing, radio frequency, etc. Carry your smart gun into a restaurant that doesn't allow carry? Don't worry, you are safe because they disable all the guns (except the black market "dumb guns" and of course those of LEO's whom are all trustworthy).

An alternate future shows that instead of doing what I've shown above, perhaps in order for the gun to fire you have to be wearing your "tag" if you will but also be within range of an acceptable "use" tag. Examples of acceptable "use" tags would be at a shooting range, on a reserved hunting area, etc. Then your firearm would only fire within specific areas. For a lot of money you could have a tag installed in your home so you could use it for self defense, but only after you go through lots of classes and training. For the extremely privileged, you could have a "use" tag installed in your wallet so you could carry.

Just my pondering but also all possible with existing technology. It would only need to be implemented. Of course criminals could easily circumvent it all, but possible if the legislature and research simply pushed it. I think I will write a book on it. Quite scary stuff.

Edited by CZ9MM
  • Like 1
The only way something this stupid was produced was through grants. This is bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad. As soon as the word "lawmakers" turned up in this article I started checking my mags and coating my bolts with CLP.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk