P22 Snake/Rat shot?

Guest tngw1500se

The CCI 9mm shot shells will cycle in my sigma, makes for a great gun for yard work though the aluminum cases are a little bit of a pain to pick up. I haven't ever tried the 22s.

Does the lands and grooves cause the shot to spray out and scatter? I know the .45LC/.410 use a screw on choke to stop the spinning as the shot leave the barrel. I've heard the revolvers that don't have the screw on choke scatter the shot, and don't pattern very well. I didn't even know they made rat shot in 9mm.

Does the lands and grooves cause the shot to spray out and scatter? I know the .45LC/.410 use a screw on choke to stop the spinning as the shot leave the barrel. I've heard the revolvers that don't have the screw on choke scatter the shot, and don't pattern very well. I didn't even know they made rat shot in 9mm.

I've never shot the 9mm shot rounds through a smooth barrel to compare, but I've also never had a problem killing a pest with it inside 10 feet. mice, groundhogs, squirrels, poisonous snakes, ect.

I have always used the 357/38 spl snake shot and they have taken many rattlers while hunting/scouting in hills of Alabama. I've used 22 shot to take mice around outside of house.

I worked with a Trooper once who shot mice with regular .22s out of his old High Standard pistol.  Only difference was he did it when he was drunk and sitting on his living room couch shooting into the kitchen.  New years eve was always an event at his house.  He's divorced now for some  reason or other.

Cherokee Slim

• Like 1

I tried them and somehow managed to break at least 1. VMMV

Hope you didn't have to disassemble your gun to get all of the little lead pellets out! I bought three boxes of the CCI, 20 count, but plan to shoot them a single shot at a time.