Cabela's coming to Fort Oglethorpe

reed1285

Chattanooga area is coming on up! First Gander Mtn in Hixon, now this. They just announced it today apparently. The location they want to build in is only a few miles from my house! I smell....bankruptcy.. [URL]http://www.wrcbtv.com/story/24713778/cabelas-outdoor-outfitter-to-open-store-in-fort-o[/URL]

Chattanooga area is coming on up! First Gander Mtn in Hixon, now this.
They just announced it today apparently. The location they want to build in is only a few miles from my house! I smell....bankruptcy..

http://www.wrcbtv.com/story/24713778/cabelas-outdoor-outfitter-to-open-store-in-fort-o

Cabela's makes Gander Mtn look like a Dollar General.  I've bought a fair bit of stuff from Cabela's over the years and it's all been first rate. 

Cabela's has two types of stores, the great big mega store size with every imaginable thing, and then they have a smaller retail size that is about the size of Gander Mtn.  I assume this is going to be a smaller one?

I'm not sure, the ad doesn't specify. I will keep my fingers crossed for the mega store though. There is plenty of space over in the area that they were talking about in the article, so we'll see

I'm not sure, the ad doesn't specify. I will keep my fingers crossed for the mega store though. There is plenty of space over in the area that they were talking about in the article, so we'll see

There are two in my home state of WV.  The mega store in Wheeling and a smaller retail store in Charleston.  The smaller stores are still really nice, they carry all the same stuff, just less taxidermy :)

There are two in my home state of WV.  The mega store in Wheeling and a smaller retail store in Charleston.  The smaller stores are still really nice, they carry all the same stuff, just less taxidermy :)

my daughter will not like that lol. Every time we go in Sportsmans Warehouse here in Chattanooga she has to pet the big cinnamon bear in back. Thats WHY she likes going there.

The only Cabela's I have ever visited was north of Chicago. The store was first rate. Sportsman warehouse is also a good store. But Gander Mountain in Knoxville is the highest priced place I have ever been. Their ammo, guns everything is way over priced. I find it hard to understand how they are still in business in Knoxville

The Times-Free Press article indicates it will have the taxidermy animals.  

The interior will include a mountain replica featuring North American game animals recreated in their natural habitat, an aquarium, bargain cave, indoor archery range, deli and more, in addition to thousands of quality outdoor products

Edited by dawgdoc

Cabela's has two types of stores, the great big mega store size with every imaginable thing, and then they have a smaller retail size that is about the size of Gander Mtn.  I assume this is going to be a smaller one?

The article I read said 80,000 sf.

I would guess that is the smaller one.

Kind of strange they are building this one only about 70 miles from the one at Acworth.

Edited by bvarnell
[quote name="bvarnell" post="1111150" timestamp="1392429300"]The article I read said 80,000 sf. I would guess that is the smaller one. Kind of strange they are building this one only about 70 miles from the one at Acworth.[/quote] Yeah I think they are trying to compete with Gander mountain for smaller area buisness

I looked them up on their website.  One is 175k feet and the other is 80k feet.  I guess we're getting the smaller one.   I'm happy with either.    I keep hearing rumors that Bass Pro is coming to the Cleveland area.   Maybe is and the Gander Mountain announcement will force a "ME TOO!" announcement.

I looked them up on their website. One is 175k feet and the other is 80k feet. I guess we're getting the smaller one. I'm happy with either. I keep hearing rumors that Bass Pro is coming to the Cleveland area. Maybe is and the Gander Mountain announcement will force a "ME TOO!" announcement.

I've heard that too about Bass Pro going in near exit 20.

Great news about Cabelas! I hope we get the bigger store but will be super happy with either. There goes my paycheck....

Edit...

Cabela's® Announces Plans for Fort Oglethorpe, Ga., Store
70,000-square-foot location to open in Catoosa County in Fall 2015

SIDNEY, Neb. (Feb. 13, 2014) – Cabela's Incorporated, the World's Foremost Outfitter® of hunting, fishing and outdoor gear, announced today plans to bring the unique Cabela's retail experience to customers in Fort Oglethorpe, Ga., serving the greater Chattanooga, Tenn., area.

Construction is scheduled to begin later this year and Cabela's projects a fall 2015 opening. The 70,000-square-foot store will be located in Catoosa County near the intersection of Interstate 75 and State Route 146 in a development currently anchored by Costco.

It will be Cabela's third Georgia store, joining the Augusta location scheduled to open in March and the Acworth location scheduled to open this fall. Cabela's expects employ approximately 140 full-time and part-time employees. Most will come from Catoosa County and the surrounding area.

"This store will allow us to better serve the thousands of outdoorsmen and women who live the Cabela's lifestyle across the region," Millner said. "We look forward to serving the area for years to come." The building's exterior will reflect Cabela's popular store model with log construction, stonework, wood siding and metal roofing. A large glass storefront will allow customers to view much of the store's interior as they approach the building.

The interior will include a mountain replica featuring North American game animals recreated in their natural habitat, an aquarium, bargain cave, indoor archery range, deli and more, in addition to thousands of quality outdoor products.

Also today, Cabela's announced plans to open stores in Ammon, Idaho, and Short Pump, Va. Cabela's currently operates 50 stores across North America with plans to open an additional 23 over the next two years.

http://www.cabelas.com/custserv/custserv.jsp?pageName=oglethorpe

Edited by Batman
Guest TankerHC

When CTD prices on AR Mags skyrocketed to $96, within about a day of the initial announcement of new restrictions coming to the floor, everything started or was sold out. I looked at Cabela's website and it had Pmags, $10.99. My conversation with the Cabela's lady with almost exactly like this.

Me: Hello, I am calling to see if you have any Pmags left.

Her: How many do you want?

Me: Well what is the price, the price on your website says ten ninety nine.

Her: Let me check, yes that is the price, how many do you want.

Me: Ill take what you have.

Her: You sure you want a warehouse full? Just kidding. 

Me: How many can I get (Everyone else was limiting sales).

Her: How many do you want?

Me: How much is shipping?

Her: Shipping is free, how many do you want.

Me: You know, Cheaper than Dirt is selling these for over $90

Her: Sorry, but we are not Cheaper than Dirt. So how many would you like?

Me: (Telling her how many). How long do you think these will last?

Her: Until we are sold out.

Me: Ill take XXXXXXX amount. Do you think the prices will shoot up, I may have to buy some more.

Her: no, we will not do that to our customers.

Cant wait. They will get my business. Only thing is I lived for 4 or 5 years 10 minutes from Bass Pro and I know the questions I will be hearing again.

Weren't you just there yesterday?

Weren't you just there this morning?

Didn't you go there 4 times this week?

The answer is always yes and always ends with her saying "Ok, have fun". I plan on having some fun.