Just got my wife's Shield back from Cerakoter's.

Luke E.

I had the frame of my wife's Shield Cerakoted Tiffany Blue and just got it picked up last night. I just took a few minutes and put it all back together so figured I would post a pic here.

[URL=http://s303.photobucket.com/user/lukeduke_03/media/Mobile%20Uploads/6B7A299F-C2CF-490A-80F1-3C298CA6E018.jpg.html]6B7A299F-C2CF-490A-80F1-3C298CA6E018.jpg[/URL]

• Like 5

That looks good! How long did it take for the work to be done?

It took a while because the color doesn't exist in the Cerakote world so there was a lot of mixing and testing that went on. Also he hasn't gotten his shop area heated yet and it's been to cold to spray most of the last month. He's got a big heater in there now and is back going again and he mentioned having the wait time back down to around 10 business days. He also does paint, powder coating and hydrographing.

That's pretty sweet. Who did it for you here in Murfreesboro.

BAM Customs. He's across Broad Street from the policedept. You turn in like you're going to Cannonsburg Village but keep on going. The road makes a hard left and just after the curve you turn right onto Old Salem Road, his place is right before you cross over the train tracks on the left. Here's his Facebook link,

https://www.facebook.com/bamcustoms

Yeah I know where he is. I thought about having him do some work on my AK but did not think it was worth the money in the long run. I would like to have my M&P frame coated in dark earth though. 

Obviously it offers no mechanical advantage but it is worth the money because it put a smile on her face. I've now got a credit with him and I have been thinking of having him do my M&P in FDE and letting him do some of his stencil work on it. We'll see though.

I like it. Nice color and different 

Yea she never has warmed up to any of the pink stuff but loved the idea of this color. I was a little disappointed when he told me that the color didn't exist so I was glad when he said he'd figure something out. 

I like it, I've been scouting out people to do my wife's LCP. Did you take him a bare frame?

Yes, I stripped it down completely and only carried him the parts I wanted coated. He will also do the stripping if you bring him an assembled gun but there is some additional cost i'm sure.

[quote name="Luke E." post="1109754" timestamp="1392226130"] Yes, I stripped it down completely and only carried him the parts I wanted coated. He will also do the stripping if you bring him an assembled gun but there is some additional cost i'm sure.[/quote] Yeah I'm sure. Thanks for the info, you have a PM
Okay for all inquiring minds, I talked to Dave and the price to do the frame like he did on my wife's pistol will be $95 which includes disassembly and assembly which he prefers to do himself. He said to just let him know I sent you.

This price is good for other colors as well. Edited by Luke E.