Froglube et all and the 1911/2011

Does anyone use froglube or clean fire or some such other product on their competition 1911/2011?  I know lots of people use grease and slide-glide along with oil. I just wondered if anyone had good results with the new "wonder lubes".

I think the initial treatment is kind of a pain, but after mis-applying it the first go round and it getting sticky the researching and re-applying I like it a lot better now. If you don't clean all of the petroleum based lubes off the gun the frog lube will react and get thick/sticky. I had to take mine down and clean with alcohol, white gas, and then heated the metal parts with a heat gun and applied the FL. Allow it to set up until the metal completely cools and then buff the excess off almost like waxing a car. I then used a few drops of the liquid on my sig's rails. Note that you 'll want to use frog lube as your sole CLP on treated guns, any other CLPs that contain petroleum will react with the frog lube and cause issue. So far I've used it on 3 of my pistols and my TGO AR to experiment and like it but haven't committed for the rest of the collection quite yet.

I've been using frog lube for about a year now. 

Their solvent does not seem like its a very powerful cleaning agent. 

The lube works very well on my glocks and ARs. It does seem easier to clean after multiple applications. The carbon does not stick as bad.

Also, the door on my truck used to always freeze shut. Frog lube on the weather stripping and do more freeze...

As noted prior,,,it does not play well with other lubes especially petro based...

Edited by Troutburger
  • Like 1
Guest TresOsos

Said time and time again..... Mobile-1

I agree but I use a mix.....12oz 0W-30 Mobile 1 mixed with 4oz of Mobile 1 Synthetic ATF.

Goes on and stays on, cuts carbon build up and I run 1911s 500rds in a range trip and never have to stop and relube.

Over the past 6 months I have switched to FL cleaner and lube.  Seems to work on all my pistols.  Was especially noticeable on my Benelli SBE during duck season.  Others in the blind noticed how easily the slide slammed shut without any sluggishness. This was during some of our coldest hunts.  These are just my initial impressions, time will tell.