Has PSA hired in the packaging/shipping department?

KKing

Ordered some high velocity 22lr last Thursday because for some reason my wife's new 10/22 doesn't like the standard velocity stuff. From past experiences, I wasn't really looking for tracking info to come for a while if at all. No biggie, she's not crazy about shooting in the cold anyway. Lo and behold, Saturday I got a UPS tracking number and it was on the truck today. Just wondering if anyone has ordered recently and if their shipping times really have improved.

Oh, I should add that for 120 rounds of .223 and 350 rounds of .22lr, PSA only charged me $7 UPS shipping. I've always liked PSA, and I believe if you try to order that same amount/weight of ammo from Midway you'll like PSA a lot more too
[quote name="austin7.62" post="1109096" timestamp="1392088309"]PSA is great. I've never had any problems with them. It seems that most of the people have to wait on their in house AR parts to be produced, therefore the longer delays. That's my theory anyways.[/quote] That may be the ticket. The only part I've ever had to really wait on was a house brand blemished upper. I know with the sales they were running around the holidays they were totally swamped, maybe it's just that they're catching up now Edited by KKing
Guest Ditchdigger

Ordered the FNS9 from them Saturday night, wasn't looking to hear anything for a while. Received a tracking number from them today and it's coming second day air. First time ordering a complete gun from them, I had selected ground shipping, wouldn't think Second day air would be standard for firearms? They had posted on FB they were opening a new customer service building today with more phone lines though.

When I called to check on an upper I ordered back in December the manager I spoke with mentioned all the crazy holiday sales were to empty the warehouse for a move, and I was assured that after the move service and shipping should both greatly improve for web customers.

Ordered the FNS9 from them Saturday night, wasn't looking to hear anything for a while. Received a tracking number from them today and it's coming second day air. First time ordering a complete gun from them, I had selected ground shipping, wouldn't think Second day air would be standard for firearms? They had posted on FB they were opening a new customer service building today with more phone lines though.

I think it's the standard to ship handguns 2nd day air now. They took care of you quick!

I ordered 2 LPK's on Jan 27th and just got an email today that they shipped and will be here soon... like 3 weeks? the lowers i got took 2 weeks...but don't mind the wait for saving $30 a piece on LPK's and $50 a piece on stripped lowers... so saved at least 160 if not a lil more 

Edited by carter

My experience has been hit or miss. For lowers, firearms, complete uppers, etc., I assume it will show up in 3-4 weeks. I ordered a blemished upper and upper parts kit from them on Feb. 7th and it is scheduled to be delivered tomorrow which works out to three (3) business days. That is by far the fastest I have ever received anything. Like a lot of folks, I love PSA prices and products, but I wouldn't order from them if I needed something quick. 

I placed an order with them around Black Friday for some uppers and LPK, ammo and BCG. Got it within 2 weeks.

Ordered one of their lower build kits and a SPARC/lower reciever combo on 01/01/14. Took I think 3weeks to ship and they'd sent me a strike fire instead of the SPARC. After a bit of runaround with CS they sent the right optic, took 3 days to ship from the time I got the shipping notification.

Ordered from them a few other times with misc results, the complete upper took the longest to ship at almost a month.

All in all, like has been said, if you need it fast order somewhere else. If you need it cheap, PSA is tough to beat. I'll shop with them some more, really hard to beat a complete upper for less than one can be built often. Plus those FN barrels really are awesome for the money.
[quote name="vontar" post="1109533" timestamp="1392171881"]Can I get a link for PSA. I tried google but kept getting [url="http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&ved=0CDcQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.cancer.gov%2Fcancertopics%2Ffactsheet%2Fdetection%2FPSA&ei=LNv6UpmuNau-sQSuvYKwBA&usg=AFQjCNHvQcYHYV7FS7VkH2B7Kl8Uqhr-Xg&sig2=nEcIvPOJeSD0Yw9g6Hn3tw&bvm=bv.61190604,d.dmQ"][i]Prostate-Specific Antigen[/i][/url] and related items.[/quote] PalmettoStateArmory.com Sent via Tapatalk. Blame the phone for any spelling issues.
  • Like 1
Guest semiautots

I order ammo from them without complaint.  This week they had M80 7.62 for 60 cents a round.  Seemed pretty cheap.  Last week they had M855 for 40 cents a round.

i take that back...i got a UPS email that a label had been created and was suppose to arrive on 2/12/14 but still nothing and the tracking number has still yet to be received, so it's been stuck in limbo for a week now... 

01/27/14- placed order 

02/10/14- finally got UPS email with tracking number

02/14/14- tracking number still says UPS hasn't takin possession of the package yet

Edited by carter