Church shooting

DaveS

Thoughts go out to all in involved this...

When I was younger and went to church regularly, someone walked in with an AK47. No one was injured, the weapon failed to fire multiple times....even stranger was I ran into the guy years later and we discussed that night.

Thoughts go out to all in involved this...

When I was younger and went to church regularly, someone walked in with an AK47. No one was injured, the weapon failed to fire multiple times....even stranger was I ran into the guy years later and we discussed that night.

That is absolutely crazy! Would you care to elaborate a bit on that second meeting?

• Like 1
I guess you could say he turned his life around a bit, realized some of his problems were his own fault and not the fault of those who tried to explain things and help him.
He specifically meant to kill the pastor and probably himself that night. We talked for a but, strange how someone can blame others so much that they think killing them would fix everything.
  • Like 1
This is exactly why I carry every time I'm in church. Christianity and the church are getting pushed more and more toward the fringe nowadays by our society. It's only a matter of time before Christians are persecuted and this type of thing happens more often (that's Bible, not tin foil hat stuff). There are at least 7 that I know of that carry in our church, including our pastor ;)
  • Like 2

This is exactly why I carry every time I'm in church. Christianity and the church are getting pushed more and more toward the fringe nowadays by our society. It's only a matter of time before Christians are persecuted and this type of thing happens more often (that's Bible, not tin foil hat stuff). There are at least 7 that I know of that carry in our church, including our pastor ;)

This was actually relatives of mine, both the shooter and the female that was shot. It had nothing to do with Christianity at all. although I do agree with you and carry as well.

Yep, if anyone ever knew when an incident was going to occur, they could just stay home for day.  Since that is impossible, gotta do the next best thing.

Y'all are lucky.  The state of Georgia forbids me from carrying in any house of worship in the state.  Even if the pastor/priest/church leaders wanted to carry a gun themselves, the law completely forbids it.  This last Sunday I wore an empty holster while the gun stayed in the car.

GeorgiaCarry.Org is working to change it so that churches are treated like any other private property.  It's amazing how many of the shepherds act like sheep and want the government to tell them what do in their sanctuaries.  I think it's because they don't want to have to face the issue and have to "unwelcome" some of their parishioners who might choose to carry.  I bet if the state made a law that specified which hymns could be sung, which version of the bible could be used, or prohibited the use of sacramental wine, the churches would be howling.

It amazes me when people somehow think that a house of worship is any safer from evil than any other public place. I'm fortunate that the pastor, assistant pastor, and a couple others on staff are very friendly towards carrying in our church; in fact, they discretely encourage anyone who has an HCP to carry whenever they're on the premises, so I do.

My church currently meets in a public school gym so carry is prohibited. They are planning a building project and will be breaking ground soon so that may change for me in the next year or so. I have never carried in church before so that would be new to me. I do not know many people there well enough to know their feelings on cc. I may have to research that. I kind of have mixed feelings on the subject myself but I would not hold anything against anyone else carrying in church but it might not be for me.

I remember a church shooting a few years ago in Knoxville, http://www.foxnews.com/story/2008/07/28/cops-say-church-shooting-suspect-hated-gays-liberals/. It does make you think.

Y'all are lucky.  The state of Georgia forbids me from carrying in any house of worship in the state.  Even if the pastor/priest/church leaders wanted to carry a gun themselves, the law completely forbids it.  This last Sunday I wore an empty holster while the gun stayed in the car.

GeorgiaCarry.Org is working to change it so that churches are treated like any other private property.  It's amazing how many of the shepherds act like sheep and want the government to tell them what do in their sanctuaries.  I think it's because they don't want to have to face the issue and have to "unwelcome" some of their parishioners who might choose to carry.  I bet if the state made a law that specified which hymns could be sung, which version of the bible could be used, or prohibited the use of sacramental wine, the churches would be howling.

Ooo, they should argue separation of church and state on this one! :)