Carrying and body armor

Guest theconstitutionrocks

I think this takes he cake for the best/dumbest thread ever.

I don't know, it's a doosy but we've had some real winners. If it makes it half as long as an open vs concealed carry or 1/4 as long as a gay thread then we might have a contender here. :rofl:
To quote Kevin Costner "some things naw at a man worse than dyin". Wearing body armor in a daily basis has to be up there. You ever think....well it's my time to go. You could live in the woods in a shack with no visible means of communication and I bet you won't get shot. Or you can carry on, be vigilant, carry a weapon and not take life so seriously.......Xanax might help too
  • Like 2
[quote name="gjohnsoniv" post="1105436" timestamp="1391396633"]I dunno TMF and you other guys I kinda prefer the scavenger perk so I never run out of ammo going to the gas station.[/quote] I don't bother with that because if I get killed I will respawn with full ammo. Once I run out of ammo I just run around waiting for someone to shoot me. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

When I was with the Sher. Dept., we were required to wear one. Warm weather, they're HOT!!, rest of the time,
they're tolerable, never comfortable. Wore one some in 'Nam, weighed a ton.
Personally I don't care to wear one now, to each his own. Think I'd opt for taking ducking lessons.
I took 5 hard hits in 'Nam, none of which hit anywhere near where a vest would cover.....just saying.

Christ! Are you the Terminator? I want to see a picture of you from Nam! How big were you? Built like a brick-####-house? :lol:

Edited by JohnC
  • Like 1
Around the house and here locally I stick with a simple splint mail set up. Should I venture into town I'm more inclined to wear my half plate and carry my shield.
NOW, if I gotta go to the big city, I take NO chances. I wear my enchanted elven made full plate with matching bascinet helmet and cod piece. I wear an amulet of protection +5 and carry a cavalier's shield to maintain my mobility.
  • Like 1

Around the house and here locally I stick with a simple splint mail set up. Should I venture into town I'm more inclined to wear my half plate and carry my shield.
NOW, if I gotta go to the big city, I take NO chances. I wear my enchanted elven made full plate with matching bascinet helmet and cod piece. I wear an amulet of protection +5 and carry a cavalier's shield to maintain my mobility.

What i been sayin'... you gotta have the cod piece.

No match for my vorpal sword.

Edited by sigmtnman
Guest SavageOne

Too much ninja stuff going on here. No way I'm wearing a vest. I have enough of a load out with my throwing stars, blow guns, blinding powder, grappling hooks and stuff. Not to mention my kabaton, guns, lights, and knives.

I don't want to over do.

Guest TresOsos

As far as head shots...I'm not going to try to engage that person down a 25 yd isle, i'd be looking to do it from a covered/concealed position less than 5-7 yds away before he knows I'm there.

No plan of battle ever survives contact with the enemy.

Helmuth von Moltke

Edited by TresOsos

Christ! Are you the Terminator? I want to see a picture of you from Nam! How big were you? Built like a brick-####-house? :lol:

None of the above. 2 from Ak, 3 from grenade schrapnel, all in the lower legs/ft. 16 mos.

in Army hospital. I'm not large, just fortunate. Nothing like on TV.

• Like 1