Buy One Get One Free, Sig 1911 22LR

runco

Dane, the Ultra is an awesome little Sig. It's hard to hold one and not want to leave with it on you.

How would you rate the Tacops? I have never owned a sig before, so this is uncharted waters. I do hear nothing but praises from them as a manufacturer tho.

[quote name="RC3" post="1104990" timestamp="1391312330"]How would you rate the Tacops? I have never owned a sig before, so this is uncharted waters. I do hear nothing but praises from them as a manufacturer tho.[/quote] If the Tacops is half the gun my RCS is you will love it. The first 100 rounds out of mine looked like this: IMG_05394.jpg Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Dane has pretty well summed it up. I really like the commander size of the C3, but the Full size TacOps is just awesome.

There's always a lot of debate on the 1911 vs everything else, but htere's just something about a good 1911 that can't be quantified or beat. A 1911 platform is a pure joy to shoot...that about sums it for me.

Rating the TacOps? Well...if you like any 1911, if you like shooting: I don't see how you couldn't like it.

The Sig 1911 is, for me, as good as any, and better than a lot, of the others out there. I've owned a bunch of different 1911s and won't say it's the best, but it works for me.

In the words of a great advertising slogan..."Try it. You'll like it"

WOW, what timing.   

I just bought a Sig 1911 at the Nashville gun show just a few weeks ago.  I going to call the dealer to see if I qualify for this offer.

Wish me luck..

WOW, what timing.   

I just bought a Sig 1911 at the Nashville gun show just a few weeks ago.  I going to call the dealer to see if I qualify for this offer.

Wish me luck..

I was told this morning that it applies to authorized dealer purchases only. And that within the dates listed only so far as the inventory that Sig purchased from GSG for this promotion lasts. Not thru the full dated period.

If the Tacops is half the gun my RCS is you will love it. The first 100 rounds out of mine looked like this: IMG_05394.jpg Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

So, what about that little guy up top?

And how much does the TACOPS go for? I have two regrents D100's and they have been fantastic. Really well machined for their price. And just like hipower said, there IS something about the 1911 that can not be described.

[quote name="RC3" post="1106132" timestamp="1391546768"]So, what about that little guy up top? And how much does the TACOPS go for? I have two regrents D100's and they have been fantastic. Really well machined for their price. And just like hipower said, there IS something about the 1911 that can not be described.[/quote] That feller at the top is the mall ninja insurance policy. You know where you hear these guys that say never shoot a perfect score cause if you are in a shooting it will be used against you. And after I shot this I went out and found tinfoil on sale and made a bunch of cool hats. Not really... That was the first round out, first time I ever shot a 1911 or a 45. I would expect to see the price on a Tacops between $1000-$1100 depending on the dealer. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
  • Like 1

I was told this morning that it applies to authorized dealer purchases only. And that within the dates listed only so far as the inventory that Sig purchased from GSG for this promotion lasts. Not thru the full dated period.

Got email from Sig saying that promo is over. Limited .22 all gone.

Yep. Received the same email. It's over.

Seems that unless you know an "Authorized Dealer" that still has some of the stock purchased at the Shot Show under this promotion, I doubt you'll find a buy one/get one deal on these Sigs for long.

And I have heard from a source that I can't and won't name, that some of the Sig Authorized dealers may have been blindsided by this promotion. My source implied that the bogo deal was touted to buyers to make sales at Shot, and this wasn't fully explained as a deal for the retail buyers.

No printed proof, just verbal from a dealer.

But in any event, if you want a Sig 1911-22 and a great 1911, find a dealer fast.

I have no dog in the fight but saw this posted on the sturm board a few days ago.  I've known Jeff for many years and believe the man is in the know ..

here's what he posted - his shop is called SAW Inc.

SAW INC. will not be participating in this "fiasco" created by sig sauer. During shot show delears were allowed to purchase select 1911's and were offered free 1911 22's in exchange for purchasing these pistols. Apparently the word was not conveyed properly that the dealer was to use this product to give to consumers for FREE if they purchased same product from dealer, hence no incentive at all for dealer to participate.

To make matters worse, apparently the "man in charge" and we will leave HIM nameless just announced to the distribution market, who is currently giving DEALERS a free 1911 22 for every TWO guns they buy, that if the dealer does not want to participate, even though they are NOT getting a free gun for every gun they buy....that they should tell the customer....."WE ARE NOT PARTICPIATING BECAUSE WE ARE NOT A PREFERRED SIG SAUER DEALER"

SAW has always been amajor sig dealer, apologize for inconvenience to all who purchased in last few days, and you are entitled to a full refund. Hopefully whom ever is responsible for this at SIG SAUER will be reprimanded and this will not happen from such a prestigious company in the future.

Edited by LawEnforcementSalesTN

I have no dog in the fight but saw this posted on the sturm board a few days ago.  I've known Jeff for many years and believe the man is in the know ..

here's what he posted - his shop is called SAW Inc.

SAW INC. will not be participating in this "fiasco" created by sig sauer. During shot show delears were allowed to purchase select 1911's and were offered free 1911 22's in exchange for purchasing these pistols. Apparently the word was not conveyed properly that the dealer was to use this product to give to consumers for FREE if they purchased same product from dealer, hence no incentive at all for dealer to participate.

To make matters worse, apparently the "man in charge" and we will leave HIM nameless just announced to the distribution market, who is currently giving DEALERS a free 1911 22 for every TWO guns they buy, that if the dealer does not want to participate, even though they are NOT getting a free gun for every gun they buy....that they should tell the customer....."WE ARE NOT PARTICPIATING BECAUSE WE ARE NOT A PREFERRED SIG SAUER DEALER"

SAW has always been amajor sig dealer, apologize for inconvenience to all who purchased in last few days, and you are entitled to a full refund. Hopefully whom ever is responsible for this at SIG SAUER will be reprimanded and this will not happen from such a prestigious company in the future.

Now this is an example of a great dealer. The kind you wand to buy from. I know I will remember this as I work towards some NFA purchases.

• Like 1

Sig Sauer's Facebook post about 3pm today:

253539_10151618759427603_216561067_t.jpg

To our valued SIG SAUER Consumers:

As a result of the overwhelming demand for our recent 1911-22 promotion, we are announcing that allocation of these promotional packages has been fully committed. While promotional product will continue to flow into dealer locations throughout February and March, we will no longer be accepting dealer reorders.

SIG SAUER would like to apologize for the confusion that this promotion has created in the marketplace. From the onset, this was a limited supply promotion that was only available through participating dealers. Not all 1911’s and 1911-22’s in the marketplace are promotional firearms. Unfortunately, SIG SAUER is unable to identify participating dealers because the majority of the promotional packages were sold to distributors who service the national dealer network. We urge consumers to visit or call local dealers to determine if they are a participating dealer with promotional inventory available.

Again, SIG SAUER apologizes for the confusion that this promotion created and looks forward to continuing to provide the finest firearms available.

Sincerely,

The SIG SAUER Team

Edited by Runco