Colored accessories on AR15 ?

tercel89

hello , I have a Bushamster AR15 in 5.56 . It is a plain jane model with a 16 inch barrel and I have never thought about bringing any color to it until now. When you guys add things with color what parts do you change out ? I do like the tan or FDE color . I have saw grips and forearms and stock . Is it expsensive ? 

I'm a fan of this one. And i assure you, my walls are not pink. Sorry, can't remember the magpul color code. In person, this rifle is darker in color than the picture would indicate. It looks almost tan in the picture. In reality, its a brown with a hint of green

Found the link.........

https://hollowpointfirearms.com/product/mdi-magcom26bh-magpul-comspec-ar-15-furniture-kit-bounty-hunter-camo

BA3468F3-459D-475F-8C69-303DFDE32D34_zps

Edited by Parrothead
  • Like 1
I would avoid the Air-Soft version of Magpul products as they are lighter in weight and may not be durable enough for rough real life usage. Beyond that Magpul makes very good products that are NOT just plastic they are made of a reinforced ultra strong plastic that are well thought out. I've built one FDE carbine and one ODG rifle with Hogue grips which their colors match very nicely.

I'm a big fan of different colored furniture, especially FDE. I've tried to leave a AR black and have never been able to do it. My only with with actual FDE furniture on the left, the others are painted or coated FDE gy7y3u4y.jpg

Edited by KKing

Having a gunstock coated with LineX or Rhinolining isn't very expensive. I have called and they said it would be less than $50-$75 depending on color. It would make for a very, very durable stock for any gun. I have a stock I am working on, slowly, that will be coated once it is done. It is a stock that they do not make in left hand but I converted it. Looks and feels great other than the bolt cut out I need to fill and blend. No better way to do that than with some sort of bedliner.

I have used the roll on bed liner on stocks as well and it does work well. Not sure if I personally like the way it looks but it does hold up well.