Glock 42 review w Jerry Miculek

Dustbuster

There is one listed in knoxville for 350.00 , probably a blue label , but the price seems to be dropping fast . One sold on Gun Brokers a few days ago for 460.00 that a local gun shop had . It was said they can be ordered online for 424.00 but I didn't check it out because this was the first Glock that I just have no interest in owning but after watching the whole review he also mentions that price . Either way that is a big drop from a few weeks ago.

I had started watching the review and just finished it . I also watched several other reviews on it and just can't get excited about a 380 in the size gun that so many are making in 9mm. I am sure they will sell just because it is a Glock but I am not sure of how well they will sell.

I even have a 45 GAP and a G36 . The 45 GAP was cheap but I still don't know why I bought it . I have never shot it . The 36 I really  like and carry often .

Edited by Keyless

well that was a good review.  it showed me somethings that i knew was true.  i got several small name brand pocket guns around in 22 lr, 25 acp, 32 acp, 380 acp, and 9 mm.  they all have the same problems, they all can malfunction in a heart beat.  fte ftf, stove pipe, etc....   all of my pocket guns have got thousands of rounds through them, factory and/or reloads.  soon or later they will malfunction.  when it comes to small guns the glock 26/27 size/weight is a good starting place for a auto. it has something to do with the size/weight ratio of the small pocket guns.  the smaller and lighter you make a auto you chance a malfunction.  must be why a old school j-frame is hard to beat.  yes i know it is only five rounds, slow to reload, shape funny, and is not the coolest gun out there.  but when your pocket auto jams on round two you will wish you had mister old school.  

• Like 1
  • Moderators
[quote name="Keyless" post="1104016" timestamp="1391156308"]There is one listed in knoxville for 350.00 , probably a blue label , but the price seems to be dropping fast . One sold on Gun Brokers a few days ago for 460.00 that a local gun shop had . It was said they can be ordered online for 424.00 but I didn't check it out because this was the first Glock that I just have no interest in owning but after watching the whole review he also mentions that price . Either way that is a big drop from a few weeks ago. I had started watching the review and just finished it . I also watched several other reviews on it and just can't get excited about a 380 in the size gun that so many are making in 9mm. I am sure they will sell just because it is a Glock but I am not sure of how well they will sell. I even have a 45 GAP and a G36 . The 45 GAP was cheap but I still don't know why I bought it . I have never shot it . The 36 I really like and carry often .[/quote] That one listed in Knoxville is listed in nearly every city in America, if you speak of gunlistings.org. That tells me it is a scammer probably not even in the US. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I took the measurements from the 42 and compared them to my smith shield in 40, the shield is pretty much the same size and thickness.  the grip on the 42 is a little bit shorter but big deal.  You can't stick the 42 in a wallet holster like you can a keltec or a LCP or other pocket pistols, I think I will stick to my shield.  almost the same size and twice the stopping power of a 380.  Oh, I am a huge glock fan, and I have been waiting for them to make a 380, this isn't what I was picturing. 

• Like 1