Proper courtroom etiquette - she lacks it

Sam1

This is a problem with most people these days, they do not care what they are told, they will do what they want

and expect to get away with it just because they have gotten away with it all there life's.

In 300 days she will be back in jail.

• Like 2

I was watching a guy getting arraigned on a PI or disorderly conduct charge. It wasn't his first time going to the system so he knew he could plead guilty and would normally get released as soon as he was sober. Well he decided to be a complete ass to the commissioner as he was pleading guilty. The commissioner refused to accept his plea and set his court date 90 days out because she knew he could not make bond. He woke up 12 hours later wanting to know why he was still in jail. Needless to say he was not happy.

• Like 3

I hope the judge keeps her in jail for the full 300 days. But we all know that ain't gonna happen. They get sentenced around here it turns into supervised probation. A guy got sentenced to 6 years in the pen and in the next breath the judge let him go on supervised probation

Guest TankerHC

You are all looking at it the wrong way.

The Judge just told her she could not go home. He laid down a fairly hefty Bond which she probably could not afford to pay. Not sure how that works but do you pay a surety bond only if you fail to show up or do what the Judge says, someone would have to clarify that for me, I dont know. Either way, it's money.

So couldn't go home, probably (Purely speculation) isnt wealthy.

Using words alone she was able to get room and board, clothing, all bills paid, 3 meals a day, and membership in a gym and was able to avoid going to court right away without even getting a continuance giving her free legal team time to get their case in order.

Pure genius. 

Guarantee her Attorney couldn't have done all that in 2 minutes, and he/she went to College. (Not saying she didnt, again, purely speculation)

Edited by TankerHC

hey, at least she gets to serve extra time.

Perfect example of what my parents warned me about.  They told me, my mouth could get me in allot of trouble if I let it

Think before you speak. 

So after 300 days, she will probably get to be found guilty and get another 6 months.  

To a larger degree, this is why we all carry. There are nuts in the world who don't care about themselves and they certainly don't care about anyone else. They think they can do what they want to whenever they want to, take what they want to, and have NO regard for you or others. They will beat you, kick you, rob you, even kill you with impunity, and the only defense you have is what you provide for yourself.

• Like 1

I hope the judge keeps her in jail for the full 300 days. But we all know that ain't gonna happen. They get sentenced around here it turns into supervised probation. A guy got sentenced to 6 years in the pen and in the next breath the judge let him go on supervised probation

If I was the judge, the only way I would let her out early, I would demand both written apology and if I accepted it, a verbal apology in the court room.  In which she would need to include her understanding of why she got contempt of court.

If she choose to do so, any outburst in the room and the deal would be off the table.

Cash bond is paid by the defendant to get released and all of it is returned once the defendant shows up in court. A surety bond is when another pays the bond, usually a bondsman, and the defendant usually pays 10% that they do not get back if they show up.

Pretty sure she did not do it to get all those perks of being in jail. Jail sucks no matter what. The reason is you have no control over who you are housed with. You could be in the cell with the nicest person in the world or a complete ass. Or you could find yourself in a cell with the only person in the world allergic to water and soap. Not to mention the fact you cannot do what you want when you want.

• Like 1

Cash bond is paid by the defendant to get released and all of it is returned once the defendant shows up in court. A surety bond is when another pays the bond, usually a bondsman, and the defendant usually pays 10% that they do not get back if they show up.

Pretty sure she did not do it to get all those perks of being in jail. Jail sucks no matter what. The reason is you have no control over who you are housed with. You could be in the cell with the nicest person in the world or a complete ass. Or you could find yourself in a cell with the only person in the world allergic to water and soap. Not to mention the fact you cannot do what you want when you want.

I can't do that now; I'm married. :)

Guest TankerHC

Humor/Sarcasm. I know she was an idiot. 

You would not believe the people I see in court . I am in court at least once a month and they come in with sagging pants , mouthing off to the judge and all kinds of stupid mess. At the end of the day these people just make me feel better about myself and my family and how my Mom raised me. 

• Like 3