So MagPul hasn't produced any 7.62x51 PMAG's in over a year?

So I've had 30 MagPul PMAGs on order since December 2012 and I got an update in my email today stating MagPul has not produced any 7.62x51 mags in over a year.

I'm order #1215 for 30 mags. Finally moved up to the bottom of page 1 after more than a year! http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0174/3328/files/Master_20LR_Update-WebSite.pdf?2538

Dear Loyal Customers,

This email is to inform you of some updates to your existing back order at Delphi Tactical. First, we want to thank you for your outstanding loyalty and patience as we have continued to fill our back orders from last December. We greatly appreciate it you guys sticking with us through those difficult times, and are therefore excited to announce the following:

You are receiving this email because you have an active back order in our system for MagPul 20lr .308 PMAGs. MagPul has not produced these magazines for retail in over a year. We have begun to receive shipments of the new Gen3 Model 20rd .308 PMAG, and have made the executive decision to upgrade all of you to MagPul’s NEW PMAG® 20 LR/SR GEN M3, 7.62x51 Magazine at no additional charge to you. Information about this magazine is located at the following link:

http://www.delphitactical.com/collections/mags/products/pmag-20-lr-sr-gen-m3-7-62x51-magazine

These orders will start shipping this Monday, 27 January 2014 and we need you to verify that your shipping address has not changed from when you originally place the order. If it has, simply email us at delphitactical@yahoo.com and provide us with your full name and the updated shipping address. We will update this information in our fulfillment system prior to your order shipping. If it has not, and we do not receive an email from you by Sunday night, we will assume there were no changes and will push forward with the scheduled shipments.

Again, thank you for your time and patience. We are excited to finally be able to fulfill these orders, as well as be able to upgrade you to a better model magazine at no additional cost. We pride ourselves on customer service and product knowledge. If you have any questions please feel free to email us. Have a wonderful weekend!

Thank You, 

DELPHI TACTICAL LLC

DelphiTactical@yahoo.com         

1-855-DEL-TAC1

www.DelphiTactical.com

Follow us on FaceBook for exclusive offers

Good thing I was smart and snapped up 5 more of them before the craze of else I'd only had 1 mag for my Sig 716.

Edited by JohnC

It appears to me that, according to the email, Magpul has not produced that specific version of the .308 PMAG in over a year. They have, however, made a newer version. They are "upgrading" you to the newer version for free.

You're misunderstanding the email.

You are receiving this email because you have an active back order in our system for MagPul 20lr .308 PMAGs. MagPul has not produced these magazines for retail in over a year. We have begun to receive shipments of the new Gen3 Model 20rd .308 PMAG

It says Magpul has not produced the Gen 2's in over a year.

It also says they have begun to receive shipments of new Gen 3's.

To me that implies nothing has been made in Gen 2 for over a year. Also "just begun to receive" implies nothing has been made or shipped in Gen 3 until now (over a year after most of us ordered).

So yes, MagPul has not produced a 7.62x51 PMAG in over a year. They stopped making the Gen 2 and just now started producing and shipping Gen 3's in their place. I'd assume it was because they moved their factory, right?

And fwiw, Delphi worded that like they "upgraded" us but truth is, it's the same mag, just that MagPul has updated them to a newer version and the price did not increase, so it should have been an automatic thing to just ship us the Gen 3 PMAGs.

They're MSRP at the same price as the old Gen 2's. http://store.magpul.com/product/MAG291/PMAG

Edit... Edited by JohnC

So yes, MagPul has not produced a 7.62x51 PMAG in over a year. They stopped making the Gen 2 and just now started producing and shipping Gen 3's in their place. I'd assume it was because they moved their factory, right?

They had not moved as of Jan 2nd. But they said …

“These dual moves will be carried out in a manner that ensures our operations and supply chain will not be interrupted and our loyal customers will not be affected.”

I hope this settles down; I need a couple of 7.62 mags.

Sounds weird them saying Magpul had produced NO AR10 Pmags in a year because I have seen them pop up here and there at places that had been sold out. Either way, glad you finally got what you ordered and paid for!

Well, they didn't get any 7.62x51 PMAGs in that I could see on their backorder list until the last few weeks and by their email, that's what I was assuming happened.

Maybe I'm wrong and misinterpreted what they said. :shrug:

Well, they didn't get any 7.62x51 PMAGs in that I could see on their backorder list until the last few weeks and by their email, that's what I was assuming happened.

Maybe I'm wrong and misinterpreted what they said. :shrug:

Oh i'm not doubting you and what you've seen at CDNN. I've not seen any at CDNN since last year like you said, I just meant that I have seen them pop up other places since then and just because one vendor gets something doesn't mean another will.