Which Flip-up Sights for S&W M&P10?

The S&W M&P10 has a receiver Picatinny rail and a Picatinny railed gas block.I wanted to use YHM flip-up sights. The rear sight  Model 9680 and front sight for gas block Picatinny rail Model 9584. They also have a front flip-up sight for a Picatinny rail. Should I order the gas railed flip-up front sight or the regular Picatinny railed front sight? Their literature is not clear and customer service has not answer my e-mail yet. Has anyone else mounted flip-up sights on their M&P10? If so what sights?

Edited by lshel

Should I order the gas railed flip-up front sight or the regular Picatinny railed front sight? Their literature is not clear and customer service has not answer my e-mail yet. Has anyone else mount YHM flip-up sights on their M&P10? If so what sights?

If your gas block rails sit lower than the rails machined into your upper receiver:

If you want to mount your sight at the end of the handguard rail, then use the std. Picatinny height model.  If you want to extend your sight radius and mount the front sight to the gas block, you'll need a gas block height front sight.

If your gas block rails are at the same height as the rails on your upper receiver:

Use a standard Picatinny railed front sight.

Most gas blocks have rails at a height below those of a standard upper receiver, thus requiring a taller sight.  The M&P 10 pics on S&W's website show gas blocks whose rails appear to be at the same height as the receiver, but check yours to be sure.

• Like 1

I received an e-mail back from YHM this morning. They said their sights were for the AR15 only , not a 308 or AR10. They said the AR10 is a beefer gun and their AR sights would not work. I assumed sights for AR15 would work on the M&P 10. I have looked and there are not many flip-up sights specificly advertised for the AR10 308. Does anyone know of any available less than $175/set?

Edited by lshel

I've received e-mails from Troy Imdustries, Samson Industries and Diamondhead Industries. All have flip-up sights that will work on the M&P10 and are strong/durable. I went with the Troy regular folding front/rear sights.  Their Tech said the micro folding sights would not work on the M&P10.