Mall Shooting in Maryland

Moped

Breaking news on FOX and CNN.  Police have an Active shooter situation at a mall in Maryland.  At least 3 dead, including the possible shooter.  A body was found near a weapon and ammunition.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/01/25/police-respond-to-report-shooting-at-maryland-mall/

http://www.cnn.com/2014/01/25/us/maryland-mall-shooting/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

Edited by Moped
Guest TankerHC

My family goes to that mall nearly every weekend. Waiting on a response from a cousin to make sure none were in there. Chances are they were not, the weather up there is really bad and most do not go out unless they have to work. I go there quite often when I am up there was there last August. 

Guest TankerHC

what happen to the strong gun control laws that they have.  just shows that gun control laws do not control the dirt bags.  only control the good guys. 

The usual, as a relative who lives right across the border in Pa just told me ".No one in that mall was allowed to carry so the gunman had no one to stop his sick ass."

With the exceptional media coverage, only expect more shootings. I think its a fame thing. Go shoot something and get put on tv. Its not even a mental issue problem at this point. Its most likely an attention issue. Go somewhere, shoot someone and get put on national tv. Thats how I see it. You can live your whole life following the book and next thing you know, something snaps that no doctor nor person on this planet will be able to foresee. Its just human nature and most likely will not change.

• Like 1

With the exceptional media coverage, only expect more shootings. I think its a fame thing. Go shoot something and get put on tv. Its not even a mental issue problem at this point. Its most likely an attention issue. Go somewhere, shoot someone and get put on national tv. Thats how I see it. You can live your whole life following the book and next thing you know, something snaps that no doctor nor person on this planet will be able to foresee. Its just human nature and most likely will not change.

I really don't see a lot of logic in most parts of your post so explain to me why someone would go shoot up a mall, school or any other GUN FREE ZONE to get on TV when in 99% of the cases the shooter kills himself. yea they make the news but are not alive to see it?????...........jmho

I really don't see a lot of logic in most parts of your post so explain to me why someone would go shoot up a mall, school or any other GUN FREE ZONE to get on TV when in 99% of the cases the shooter kills himself. yea they make the news but are not alive to see it?????...........jmho

I don't think they care about being alive or not, it's just about being recognized... If they cared about life, they wouldn't be randomly shooting up places in the first place

Guest TankerHC

I have to ask myself, when will ever end? It's getting pretty old ya know.

Dave

It will end when the rights of the people are upheld in every State and there is National Reciprocity. So probably never. 

Edited by TankerHC

I have to ask myself, when will ever end? It's getting pretty old ya know.

Dave

I wish I could say yea Dave that it will end but if you go back in history there have been mass shootings dating back to the Roaring 20's when gangsters would do drive by's with Tommy guns blazing and they were not killing just their enemies but innocent bystanders also.  The first real mass shooting at a school took place back in 1966 and shooters name was Charles Whitman and he killed 16 people and wounded 32 others before they killed him. So there is a history of it dating a long ways back. Now if you take all of the shootings that are taking place today with multiple deaths involved and others wounded it is still a very low number compared to how many people now carry guns compared to back in 1966. I do realize that one death by gun violence is one to many but I have my doubts that with all the laws already on the books and every state thinking that can prevent them with even more laws are just trying to pacify the people who fear all guns and the politicians that think a new law written by them will win them another election. Guns don't kill people. People kill people and as long as people exist there will be a certain percentage that will kill other people whether it be with a gun , a hammer or a rock or a drunk with an automobile.................jmho

I don't think they care about being alive or not, it's just about being recognized... If they cared about life, they wouldn't be randomly shooting up places in the first place

Well your probably right Sam. i do agree that in many past cases when you learn the shooters background in most cases they are listed as loners that are not popular and somewhat rejected by people in some form or fashion that causes them to do these things and they realize that people will know them after they are dead anyway. I have often wondered if they ever do take away our guns will these people begin using pipe bombs or other explosive devices to do the same evil deeds and which is the lessor of the two. Guns or bombs?. Look at how many deaths come from a belt wearing suicide bomber...............jmho

Guns have been around for long time, mental illness longer.  The gun genie is out of the bottle which can never be put back in.   Society can never rid itself of guns even though it may try, and society can lock up the mentally ill or closely watch them.  That leaves just simple evil people.  Until the heart and mind change, this will never end. 

I strongly believe that the sensationalism found in violent video games have a lot to do with it myself.   It wasn't until the release of games like Grand Theft Auto (1997) and the alike have public mass shootings heated up.   Columbine I think was in 1999.  The Columbine incident was not the first or the worse, but most low information people use that event as the starting point.  My :2cents:

• Like 1
Guest TankerHC

An article in the Science Observer last year that evidence show man has been killing man for at least 1.6 million years. Probably longer. Skull fragments that show signs of trauma that appear that the "victim's" head was smashed in with a rock. Today, people kill each other with everything, including rocks. Considering people are still killing each other after 1.6 million years (Or longer), pretty sure in another 1.6 million years people will still be killing each other, and probably still be using rocks. 

The usual, as a relative who lives right across the border in Pa just told me ".No one in that mall was allowed to carry so the gunman had no one to stop his sick ass."

Very restrictive "may issue" state anyway, very few have carry permits in the first place.

SCOTUS declined to rule on suit over their "a good and substantial reason" clause to issue a permit. The previous court had ruled that "the Second Amendment has no practical impact beyond the threshold of one's home" and SCOTUS let that stand.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot

Another guy took Biden's advice and got himself a shotgun.

- OS

Maybe Crazy Uncle Joe should be tried as an accessory, since he told all these crazy people to go get themselves a shotgun and they seemed to have taken his advice!

Heard on FOX that the woman that was killed was the shooter's ex-girlfriend. 

Edited by Moped
Guest TankerHC
Well maybe Joes intent is coming to be. Heard on the radio a short while ago "he had a shotgun. Shotguns are intended to do maximum damage at short range".

Guy was an expert from what I could tell. He also speculated the shooter may have accidentally killed himself. That would be a helluva thing. ..good. .but still a helluva thing. The lefts new plan. Get potential shooter's to buy shotguns and shootings will decrease as more shooters accidentally kill themselves. No need for armed security.

Joe Biden is a genius!

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

This is why I no longer go to malls.

Especially when so many put up signs to disarm the law abiding citizens. I was in Opry Mills the other day with my family (against my will) but they wanted to go and I was not letting them go alone. Just walking around, I was quickly reminded why I don't let them go by themselves. dropped pants wearing thugs everywhere, walking around staring at people. Not shopping, just looking like they were waiting to start some crap. I watched as they'd walk down the middle of the aisle toward people as if to say "make me move". Same thing in the parking lot, groups of 2 to 5 or 6 just standing in the middle of lanes talking when people were trying to drive. It pisses me off just remembering it. I hate going, but not letting the Mrs and my daughter go without me.

Recently the other mall shootings were in San Diego and 2 separate incidents in NJ.  Add this one and those are basically 'gun free' zones because of their strict gun laws.  How's that workin' out for everyone?  IMO just a matter of time until terrorists pull an event like the one in Kenya here in the USA.