reselling gov'n property

Daniel

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reminds me of a guy in my old unit. He is getting kicked out so he decides to sell his body armor to a pawn shop right outside the gate. :) Of course the owner calls CID as soon as he leaves and gives them all his info. They showed up the next day and hauled him off in handcuffs.

Some peoples kids...:)

Guest mikedwood

Dunno if this qualifies but....

http://knoxville.craigslist.org/spo/845551585.html

In case it gets flagged

IBA body armor. Interceptor bulletproof vest with inserts and SAPI plates Type III, throat collar and groin protector. MOLLE II pouches (canteen, med kit, ammo and Kbar), elbow and knee pads (slightly used). Woodland camo. Very good shape. $600 obo. Possible trade for firearms/hunting stuff.

1131f6120ZZZZZZZZZ89i0382e73adc6b128c.jpg1f1133140ZZZZZZZZZ89ia1d818eea4821902.jpg

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

Edited by mikedwood
took phone number out
Reminds me of a guy in my old unit. He is getting kicked out so he decides to sell his body armor to a pawn shop right outside the gate. :) Of course the owner calls CID as soon as he leaves and gives them all his info. They showed up the next day and hauled him off in handcuffs.

Some peoples kids...:)

well i think i can beat this one. we get home and a kid loans his truck to a friend of his that sells drugs. the friend goes to buy from his guy and sees a cop and gets spooked. takes off, leaves the truck. his supplier gets into the truck and drives off. kid from my company who was a rehab transfer from another company for ****ing up already, starts telling people the guy stole his truck and hes going to get him. a few days later the kid breaks into dudes apt and shoots him in the head in the middle of the day grabs his keys and takes off in his truck. he drives back to post and says to a guy in my company to say if anyone asks that hes been with him all morning. well come to find out he had reported his truck stolen and neighbors had heard a shot and saw a yellow truck ( i think it was yellow) leaving and a description of dude. cid shows up to cq who then go and find teh guy in the barracks and haul him off to jail. needless to say we had him back in the company area a few days later in leg irons and cuffs before he was transported to knox for court martial or something. not sure how that works since it was an off post murder of a civilian. i got out shortly there after.

hey, I serve my country not steal from it.

I wasn't saying that he should have stolen it. I meant that the government should have given it to him. What he does with it after that is up to him.

Then again, it's bad enough dealing with criminals who have free access to guns, we sure as heck don't need them having free access to guns and body armor.

Maybe someone should call him and ask if he has a receipt for where he bought it.

Another thing, how long ago did they quit using that camo pattern?

depends on teh unit. my reserve unit still has it. hell we have alice packs.

NG units and active duty units wont but it can still be in the inventory.

also on the camo pattern, those vests have a cordura outer shell and the inserts which give the protection can be removed and put into a new shell.

I don't know a thing about body armor. Is class IV something that isn't available to civilians?

Good question.

I sold my Point Blank vest that I purchased myself and used as a cop.

Of course it wasn’t camo and wasn’t that level. Is that a military vest?