Searching for a pet friendly apartment in the Nashville area - FOUND ONE!

Sorry to start another thread but the time has finally come for us to move to Nashville. I have been searching for an actual house to rent for a month with no good luck. At this point I think it's best for us to just find a nice apartment that will allow three dogs (two 12 lb dachshunds and one 40 lb lab). With that said:

Can anyone recommend a few good apartment complexes around the Nashville area? My budget is going to be around $1000 +or-. I can go higher but that's just a good round number. We will only be in this property for a year so location isn't a huge deal as long as it's a nice area. I am moving for work and the business is going to be within three miles of downtown. Ideally I'd need a place to walk the dogs and let them do their business. Appliances would be a plus.

I plan on making a trip up there this weekend to look around and it'd be nice to have a few places in mind. Any help is appreciated!

EDIT:

Just wanted to thank everyone for the info. I was able to find a duplex in Bellevue that we LOVE! The owners are dog lovers so I was able to get all three dogs in with a reasonable deposit. Just from driving around a little Bellevue is awesome. We are just north of Hwy 40 so everything from gas, groceries, Gamestop, etc is 5 minutes from the house. I move in on the 8th of February. Now we just have to find my wife another job and sell our current house. Thanks again!

Edited by maroonandwhite
  • Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most apartments will allow dogs of those sizes and breeds, but the non-refundable pet deposits and/or monthly fees can get very expensive. When i lived in apartments/condos, the pet deposit was $350, and an extra $30 was added to my monthly rent. That was for one dog. They sometimes charge you a deposit for each pet.

Edited by TripleDigitRide

Thanks Dustbuster. I really like the rural settings. We keep going back and forth between a long commute and having a little privacy. Right now I'm leaning more towards having a longer commute. I can ride the motorcycle for most of the year so gas won't be that bad. When we buy later on I am assuming it's a good 30 minutes in any direction to get to a rural area outside of Nashville anyways. As far as apartments go I contemplated just renting one and signing the two pet lease and just not mentioning the 3rd pet. My conscious  got the better of me though and I have decided against that. I doubt they'd ever know though.

Just wanted to thank everyone for the info. I was able to find a duplex in Bellevue that we LOVE! The owners are dog lovers so I was able to get all three dogs in with a reasonable deposit. Just from driving around a little Bellevue is awesome. We are just north of Hwy 40 so everything from gas, groceries, Gamestop, etc is 5 minutes from the house. I move in on the 8th of February. Now we just have to find my wife another job and sell our current house. Thanks again!