Guess what wandered in

Dustbuster

All the way from Croatia Illinois or wherever these things are beaten into a something my little friend showed up like a list tattoo finding mr roarke.

8e9yqa8a.jpg

It showed up w a new lil box. A 7 round mag, and a 7 round sleeve, a chamber flag, manual ( book not worker ) and a thank u letter...the 229 on my side never belched barked or made noise. I guess I'll clean it up run some 230 g through it and see if we can make it glow !!! Am just not excited about it, I feel like I have to date some woman that's "been around"... Oh well.... The boogers back...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2 of course it ate my spelling.

• Like 1

I don't know what the gripe is. I freaking love my lil XD-S. It's not perfect, but where else are you gonna get that much firepower out of such a small package?

Congrats on the new firepower, Dustbuster!

Edited by BigK

Are you just getting it back from recall work, or did you just purchase it? Either way congrats i likey

Just got it back from recall work. I like it for a lot of reasons.put a bunch of rounds through it.bonded with it,then got disgusted with the mystery recall which became clear after the dust settled. I expected Springfield to rigorously test to incite an accidental discharge, they didn't do a good job IMHO. If it was a 30 day fix i wouldn't gripe but 4 mos was excessive. Already had the extended mags and a chamber flag.When all is said and done ill go out and run a bunch of ammo through it again to rebuild my confidence in it. The best way to describe it is; it's like I was dating a nice beautiful girl and enjoying our relationship, she disappears for a month and an 45 yr old tuned up, battle ready stripper steps in to replace her... They're both hot but ya don't know what the older ones really been through...
Someone might say just go buy another non Springfield pistol, I needed the smallest compact striker fire for a specific reason. Would I buy it again if I had to? Yes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2 of course it ate my spelling.

I just can't get past the grip-safety on a combat / Emergency gun . When you are excited or startled , trust me,,,,, your grip will not be perfect and the grip-safety may prohibit you from being able to fire . I wanted to like these and even bought two of the fullsize XD's in 9mm and 40 but I sold them after an experience I had . I'll never carry a gun for protection with a grip Safety . I'm not trying to down anything nor someones gun just stating my experience 

Edited by tercel89