Sub 2000

brasco901

Hello All. I purchased my 40 S&W beretta sub 2000 on tuesday. I finally got a chance to put some rounds through it yesterday (1/17/14)......400 to be exact. Had no problems at all. I cleaned and oiled it before i went to the range. I did change out the site to the tandemkross front site on before i got started. I'm well pleased...now i'm just waiting on my red lion front end and front sites to come in!

[quote name="Oh Shoot" post="1098250" timestamp="1390247085"]No, meant can't tote it around with [i]any[/i] [i]ammo at all[/i] on your person for it. There goes the "briefcase" or "backpack" concept. - OS[/quote] With your carry permit you can have a loaded magazine, just empty chamber Edited by KKing
[quote name="Oh Shoot" post="1098276" timestamp="1390249461"]Not on your person, only in your vehicle. - OS[/quote] I somehow missed your "on your person" statement. Too much cold medicine, my mistake Edited by KKing

Got ya, I was thinking you meant in a vehicle. My mistake

Which is why I said "in general public" in #11 and "on your person" in #16. And why its biggest selling point of folding up in a briefcase or backpack isn't really all that in this state. And another reason an AR or AK pistol is attractive.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
[quote name="Oh Shoot" post="1098286" timestamp="1390250197"]Which is why I said "in general public" in #11 and "on your person" in #16. And why its biggest selling point of folding up in a briefcase or backpack isn't really all that in this state. And another reason an AR or AK pistol is attractive. - OS[/quote] I ETA, too much cold/flu meds, pay me no mind. "Flu brain" as my wife is calling it, is no joke

Which is why I said "in general public" in #11 and "on your person" in #16. And why its biggest selling point of folding up in a briefcase or backpack isn't really all that in this state. And another reason an AR or AK pistol is attractive.

- OS

Thanks for the info. Didn't know that.  I feel enlightened.  ;)   Question?  Do you have to have a tax stamp or something for the Ar or Ak pistol?  Thanks

Thanks for the info. Didn't know that.  I feel enlightened.   ;)   Question?  Do you have to have a tax stamp or something for the Ar or Ak pistol?  Thanks

No, you don't.  It's legally a pistol, not a rifle.  However, that also means that you can't put a butt stock on it as you are then turning it into an SBR.  That's when tax stamps and permits and more paperwork come in.

• Like 1

No, you don't.  It's legally a pistol, not a rifle.  ..

Which means you can have one in pipe in vehicle or walk around with it loaded on your person, should circumstances dictate -- though I'd suggest discretion, like carrying something like this:

ARpistol.jpg

in something like this:

ARpistolcase.jpg

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
  • Like 2
  • 2 months later...