New pistol

RC3

Wows... no one mentioned the Ruger P-95DC? Can had way less than $450, and one heck of a pistol. Spend the rest of the money on ammunition.

They're reliable so long as they're well oiled, if not then it becomes a Jam-o-Matic. They are also RIDICULOUSLY heavy by today's standards.

Edited by whitewolf001

Bought a 33 round mag as well. Still got money left over for lunch. I think this may have been a win.

Which generation of Glock did you pick up? Depending on how old it is by the serial number, I might order a new recoil spring assy from Glock, just to be safe. That's one thing I recommend for any used pistol as you don't know what you're getting unless you personally know the seller.

They're reliable so long as they're well oiled, if not then it becomes a Jam-o-Matic. They are also RIDICULOUSLY heavy by today's standards.

And crazy large, but for my hands the guns melted into my grip.

RC3, you did well in choosing the G17 other than you may have started something there. Glocks are addictive! My addiction started with the G17 as well cause it's a GREAT shooting pistol. Enjoy.

Which generation of Glock did you pick up? Depending on how old it is by the serial number, I might order a new recoil spring assy from Glock, just to be safe. That's one thing I recommend for any used pistol as you don't know what you're getting unless you personally know the seller.

Its a gen 3, but I plan on giving it a full tune up and over look once I get home from work.

And crazy large, but for my hands the guns melted into my grip.

RC3, you did well in choosing the G17 other than you may have started something there. Glocks are addictive! My addiction started with the G17 as well cause it's a GREAT shooting pistol. Enjoy.

I am debating about picking up another one. So that way, I can have two glocks and two 1911's

For some reason, to me that is, it makes since having two of the same hand guns. One for use and one for backup. And plus, two all black 1911's, whats not bitching about that? And I really am not a huge fan of pistols. Unless its a 1911. Something about that gun....

Hahaha. I think he was insinuating that stopping at two is highly unlikely. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know, but I dont have the urge to buy pistols. My friend literaly forced me to buy this glock other wise, I would have bought another lower and kept $370 out of the $450 I took. Hell, he even bought me a 33 round mag just so I would buy the damn thing. I have a weakness for extended mags. Used to have 6 for my 1911's but gave two way. This glock and the 33 tho..... This could be fun.

Edit: He went in looking for a walther ( forgot the name, chambered in 9mm and has the barell sticking out form the slide) and walked out with an AK 47 instead. While I went looking for a makarov or a PPk, and somehow got talked into a glock.

Edited by RC3

I just got another G30 last week... just like the one I already had. I'm looking for a double bandolier type holster for them, just for the fun of it. Now, I'm thinking the G19 feels a little lonely. Of course, I'm kidding... but then again, you never know. After my G17, I thought I had all the Glock that I needed. <sigh>

[URL=http://s612.photobucket.com/user/gregintenn/media/SW%20family%20photos/IMG_1399.jpg.html]IMG_1399.jpg[/URL]

I think I paid $350 for this Smith and Wesson 39-2. It came with several magazines. They might not be what your looking for, but it seems like a nice gun for the money to me.

• Like 1

IMG_1399.jpg

I think I paid $350 for this Smith and Wesson 39-2. It came with several magazines. They might not be what your looking for, but it seems like a nice gun for the money to me.

I hate guns like that, only because they resemble a 1911 and I cant ever tell if they are supposed to be one in a smaller caliber or a completely different gun.

It's got wood grips, does that count for a resemblance? :shrug:

I think it may be a case of seeing the two side by side in person would clear up the doubt. Or do you just think they both look like generic handgun shape #6? Edited by TrickyNicky

It's got wood grips, does that count for a resemblance? :shrug:

I think it may be a case of seeing the two side by side in person would clear up the doubt. Or do you just think they both look like generic handgun shape #6?

To me it more closely resembles a 92 Beretta or a Browning High Power than a 1911. The OP did say he was considering a 92 Taurus, which is a cheap knock off of the Beretta.

[URL=http://s612.photobucket.com/user/gregintenn/media/IMG_0736.jpg.html]IMG_0736.jpg[/URL]

[URL=http://s612.photobucket.com/user/gregintenn/media/SW%20family%20photos/IMG_1399.jpg.html]IMG_1399.jpg[/URL]

I don't see it.

Anyway, here's a 9mm that doesn't favor a 1911: :D

[URL=http://s612.photobucket.com/user/gregintenn/media/IMG_1516.jpg.html]IMG_1516.jpg[/URL]

Edited by gregintenn