A FAIR PRICE OR NOT?

Guest Papa Smurf

Guest Papa Smurf

Hey Folks,

Ya gotta nubee here. Looking to buy a Taurus 24/7-40-15 Auto.

Have a local shop telling me 399.00 is a fair price to ask, but I keep seeing it for 344.00 in other places. All opinions will be greatly appreciated.

Have been a wheel gunner since my first 22 at age 10. I think I'm ready to convert. I think.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Verbal Kint

I've seen them several places in the $380-390 range... but also noticed that Buds has them for $344 shipped. Of course you would still have to pay the FFL transfer ontop of that... but you're talking about a $50 difference in prices.

I'd shop around locally or go with Buds. Would def steer away from the $390 prices.

:P

Hey Folks,

Ya gotta nubee here. Looking to buy a Taurus 24/7-40-15 Auto.

Have a local shop telling me 399.00 is a fair price to ask, but I keep seeing it for 344.00 in other places. All opinions will be greatly appreciated.

Have been a wheel gunner since my first 22 at age 10. I think I'm ready to convert. I think.

Where the hell is Joe....HEY JOE, HOW MUCH FOR A TAURUS 24/7 ???

My local range has them for 349 or so....

The funny thing is Frank (the OP) did sent me an email, and did ask for a quote.

Now, I don't know Frank from Adam nor do I know if he has ever been in my shop before. My guess is no.

The 24/7 Pro he requested pricing on is $475.00 MSRP, and we price these guns at 399.00 in our shop.

I let Frank know that this was the price, and he responded back that he had some dealer in Minnesota for 338.00.

My exact words were:

Sounds like you need to buy from the guy in MN.

We have asked a fair price for our gun, and will not compete or play the "this guy has it cheaper" game with some faceless dealer on the internet.

We are a full service gun shop. We are a local business that works hard for our customers.

We take the time to help our customers before, during, and AFTER the sale.

If you have problems with this gun (which honestly, you shouldnt) have fun getting a dealer in MN to help you.

Not exactly the approach to take with me if you want a good deal and to build a relationship with your local gun shop.

I can guarantee that if Frank would have taken the time to come in, introduce himself, take some time and get to know us, his price would have been less.

*Hell, I sold 2 of those exact same guns for 369.00 each (388.00 out the door) last Saturday.

Oh yeah, both buyers got a couple boxes of ammo thrown in for free.

Good luck with your search Frank.

The Taurus is a quality and affordable gun, and I am sure there are plenty of dealers out there that will sell you one for the 338.00 price you are looking for.

OK, now I feel like an ass....:P

Its cool man :P

I could have kept my head down on this one, but felt it was important to stress a point; If you really want the best deals, establish a relationship with a dealer.

If you want to waste your (and mine) valuable time by calling or emailing people price fishing, don't be surprised if someone doesn't bend over backwards for you.

The funny thing is Frank (the OP) did sent me an email, and did ask for a quote.

Now, I don't know Frank from Adam nor do I know if he has ever been in my shop before. My guess is no.

The 24/7 Pro he requested pricing on is $475.00 MSRP, and we price these guns at 399.00 in our shop.

I let Frank know that this was the price, and he responded back that he had some dealer in Minnesota for 338.00.

My exact words were:

[/font][/color]Not exactly the approach to take with me if you want a good deal and to build a relationship with your local gun shop.

I can guarantee that if Frank would have taken the time to come in, introduce himself, take some time and get to know us, his price would have been less.

*Hell, I sold 2 of those exact same guns for 369.00 each (388.00 out the door) last Saturday.

Oh yeah, both buyers got a couple boxes of ammo thrown in for free.

Good luck with your search Frank.

The Taurus is a quality and affordable gun, and I am sure there are plenty of dealers out there that will sell you one for the 338.00 price you are looking for.

+1

Joe made me a firm believer in what he mentioned in the above post. Top notch!