Video Depicting Number of Nukes Ever Exploded

Gotta love how France and the UK make sure theirs are on a different continent. Makes me so proud.

Though I see there were a couple in the US too. Gotta love that special relationship.

Edited by tnguy
Guest kingarmory

And we wonder why cancer is such an epidemic nowadays.  Goddamn gov't nuking its own country to "send a message" to its enemies, "brilliant" doesn't even begin to describe the stupidity in that logic

Edited by kingarmory

No wonder the left coast is so screwed up...The great majority of US testing is in close proximity to them. Guess there is some fallout damage after all.

Sorry, but the prevailing winds would have carried most of the fallout east of the test sites ...

I don't know but I thought the tests they did on the two Japanese cities to end WWII pretty much proved they worked. Why all of the testing is beyond my imagination. Seems like once they knew they worked and worked well that should have been enough. I guess they figured they had money to burn so blow something up...................jmho     It does kind of explain why California has about 500+ fault lines in the state along with a few other states out there. I wonder if they ever gave any consideration that they could have set off that earth destroying hot bed in Yellow Stone and sped up the end of time. I was watching a program about earthquakes the other night. The expert was asked by the interviewer where the worse most dangerous Volcano is located and his reply was Yellow Stone National Park and it is ever pops it's cork it will most likely be the end of the earth.  And our government is popping nukes off under the ground in Nevada??????????

I don't know but I thought the tests they did on the two Japanese cities to end WWII pretty much proved they worked. Why all of the testing is beyond my imagination.

The tests weren't to see if a nuke could level a city. We figured that out from Trinity Site and proved it with Hiroshima and Nagasaki. Additional tests were to test alternate bomb structures, sizes, yields, effectiveness of structures/ships/vehicles to withstand nuclear blasts at various distances, and to develop nuclear warfare tactics. Those are in addition to the experimental physics studies that were done at the same time or on other test blasts. I doubt we needed over 1,000 nuke tests to figure all of that out, but those were some of the reasons.

• Like 1
Look up Bikini Atol sometime - We moved the native population of a beautiful tropical island to a rocky lifeless Island so we could blast the hell out of paradise, meanwhile we still pay the up keep for all the people we displaced. Recently the radiation levels dropped enough that some of them could actually have a short walk around the place.