Gunsmith needed for recoil pads - Knoxville / Oak Ridge area

Taking a look at safe, found 3 shotguns that have aged in place and are in need of new recoil pads. Welcome suggestions for area gunsmith or skilled workworker who can fit new pads to stocks. (I do not have the replacement pads.) These are side-by-sides with high quality wood stocks. I'd like to preserve their value.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm heading to Oak Ridge this afternoon. I'll try to call Mike before leaving. Re Tactical Advantage - don't know if GS is still there. If Mike can't help at Law Enforcement Sales, will PM Peejman

Really appreciate the response!

TGO rules.

Thanks guys... I'm actually out of town this weekend but will be back around all next week. 

Restorations are not a speciality of mine by any stretch (customizations, sure) but I'd be more than happy to look at what you had and offer assistance if I can.  I never attempt anything I'm not completely comfortable doing and/or being able to properly replace if something goes south.

PM me if you get a chance with what you have (make and models) and I'll check my contacts and see if we can possibly find factory or proper replacements... I have a few places that have hard to find parts and we may get lucky.  I don't have the experience if it's stock shaving or wood staining/varnish ... anything like that but again, more than happy to listen and let ya know.

Edited by LawEnforcementSalesTN

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

TRADING POST NOTICE

Before engaging in any transaction of goods or services on TGO, all parties involved must know and follow the local, state and Federal laws regarding those transactions.

TGO makes no claims, guarantees or assurances regarding any such transactions.

THE FINE PRINT

Tennessee Gun Owners (TNGunOwners.com) is the premier Community and Discussion Forum for gun owners, firearm enthusiasts, sportsmen and Second Amendment proponents in the state of Tennessee and surrounding region.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is a presentation of Enthusiast Productions. The TGO state flag logo and the TGO tri-hole "icon" logo are trademarks of Tennessee Gun Owners. The TGO logos and all content presented on this site may not be reproduced in any form without express written permission. The opinions expressed on TGO are those of their authors and do not necessarily reflect those of the site's owners or staff.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is not a lobbying organization and has no affiliation with any lobbying organizations.  Beware of scammers using the Tennessee Gun Owners name, purporting to be Pro-2A lobbying organizations!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to the following.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.