So what does O really mean? Threat?

I know Phil Valentine has said something about only 42 republicans supporting efforts to oppose Obama's use of unconstitutional executive orders. So why wouldn't he?

(Note: Tried searching for citations for that but no luck finding any).

I don't have much to add (I think my feelings are well known) but I did get a good kick out of one of the comments. "I wouldn't piss in his mouth if his head was on fire" I know that's bad, but it gave me a giggle. Mutual feelings, me and that guy have

Reminds me of a modified version of an Edmund Burke quote I saw the other day:

"Remember: Evil exists because good men don't kill the government officials committing it." - Kurt Hofmann

I would say he means, he's not the president but the dictator, absolute ruler, furor of the United States and he gets away with it because the people allow him to.

Windbaggery and calculated unlawful executive action... The calculation is, i think, at least, that ya can get away with anything you are big enough to do and damn the law... its the old "...chicago way..." thing... You will will be ultimately ruled against in court; but it takes time and money to do so; and the effect of these "executive orders" is felt immediately and dutifully praised by your supporters... It's window dressing ALA the "Recess Appointments" thing and the FCC "fairness thing"... Doomed to ultimately fail; but done for the dramatic effect...

By the way, elections mean things and there's an election soon... Vote early and often; the opposition that likes this kind of stuff will...

leroy

• Like 1
[quote name="K191145" post="1095323" timestamp="1389769010"]I would say he means, he's not the president but the dictator, absolute ruler, furor of the United States and he gets away with it because the people allow him to.[/quote] But as we the people who allow it, how can we stop it? We have no way to stop it. There is an imaginary barrier between us and him. We can't vote in legit people and legit judges to stop him, so therefor he can't be stopped. No president can be stopped. They have always been out of legal reach, he's just been the first to push that limit that he knows he can get away with it.

serbu:  RE; this....

....But as we the people who allow it, how can we stop it? We have no way to stop it. ....

"We" didnt allow this if we voted against it.... The courts are the place it gets stopped... The legislative branch is afraid of doin anything... They like their jobs.... The judicial branch will eventually rule on each thing; but that takes time.... It's a calculation by the nobamaites and the political class that they can do anything they are big enough to do...

The way to fix it.... Vote.... That greatest democrat and "progressive' of them all, FDR, did the same thing... There aint nothin new under the sun or on the political scene...

leroy

It's like with most things in life. There are often not real limits on stuff, only that we realize that to get along with others, we have to have some self discipline and restrict our actions voluntarily. I could take someone else's lunch without repercussions from the fridge but I don't. If I did it a lot, clearly there would be repercussions. It seems that Obama has stepped outside of that "honorable person" zone. Well, rather he did that a while ago and now it's just disappearing over the horizon. I am on tenterhooks waiting to see what happens.

:popcorn:

I have little faith in our election system any more. The last election in 2012 was more than enough proof that they are not just rigged but very very rigged. When you have people being interviewed about their voting actions and they will stand with a billboard sign directly behind them that read "Illegal voting is a Felony" and openly admit that they voted 6 times in the election and was almost bragging about it and they were not arrested or ever faced any type of challenge to it how can anyone believe that our election system will work? I will go and cast my vote come election time for what it is worth but I know that my 1 vote will be over ridden by that same person that will be voting 6 or maybe even 10 times for the other guy.................jmho

Pull out some history books and read about the 30's.

Pull out some history books and read about the 30's.

I do remember my Grandmother talking about how corrupt politics were back in the FDR years and that was how he got voted into a third term. I can see it taking place back with paper ballots. But what gets my goat on this is that you have people on network news actually talking about committing a crime of voting multiple times standing directly under a sign saying it is a crime and that bill board was right in front of that woman's house. Plus she actually worked at the polling center in which she did this and not one thing was mentioned after the interview. Not one word about charges or anything else. They acted just like it was an accepted act and nothing was wrong with her actions...........jmho 

No vote in this country can change how a liberal federal judge makes decisions. They are free and independent of our votes. It's a crying shame too. There should be no appointed positions if you collect a paycheck in those kinds of positions.

I do remember my Grandmother talking about how corrupt politics were back in the FDR years and that was how he got voted into a third term. I can see it taking place back with paper ballots. But what gets my goat on this is that you have people on network news actually talking about committing a crime of voting multiple times standing directly under a sign saying it is a crime and that bill board was right in front of that woman's house. Plus she actually worked at the polling center in which she did this and not one thing was mentioned after the interview. Not one word about charges or anything else. They acted just like it was an accepted act and nothing was wrong with her actions...........jmho 

And I was thinking about Hitler, mainly, but his buddy, FDR, is another good example during those times.

I probably should have said 1900 to present, but that would have taken too much reading. :D

Frankly, it would be a lot harder to rig an election using paper ballots than it would be to rig one today....  Flipping bits inside a computer is easy to do on a massive scale...  Moving around thousands of paper ballots to each polling location and properly stuffing those ballots before they get to the county level where you have people watching the count is a lot harder to do on a wide scale.

Computers allows a handful (or less) of people to rig the election...  Paper leaves a lot of evidence and would require hundreds or thousands be involved in the crime.

I'll take paper ballots any day of the week over what we have today.

Edited by JayC

It can't.  I can tell you as a computer security guy, there is no way to design a electronic voting solution that is less exposed to attack than the paper method.

I use to work doing physical penetration tests back in the day, one time a co-worker bet me I couldn't snag an AS400 from a data center...  10 days later I was in the back of a Ryder moving van posing for pictures with the backup AS400  :) All it cost me was a cheap thumb drive labeled 'private pictures', about $20 in document laminate, and an ugly short sleeve white dress shirt and tie, and the rental of a yellow ryder moving van.  I felt kinda bad as the 2 security officers on duty at 3:00am helped me roll the AS400 off the loading dock lift and into my moving van  :)  I'm not sure if you've ever seen an AS400 but their about the size of a small washing machine on rollers and weight about 200 lbs plus cost $100k or more.

Any race where the outcome is worth spending 2 billion dollars on...  it worth enough to pay somebody to rig...  and nobody has designed a tamper proof computer system yet....  Look at what the NSA can do...  even if you assume under some circumstances that (or some foreign) intelligence agency doesn't get froggy and decided to play games...

Give me 5 years, 100 million in funding and I'd have no problem compromising and flipping half a dozen swing states to whatever party you want.  Hell if you don't care that everybody knows the election was rigged, I'd just flip CA and NY republican for you ;)

I'm not special, there are dozens of guys here in TN that could pull these types of attacks off... give the right funding and motivation.  Paper is your friend, it's a lot harder to mess with paper.

I prefer paper ballots myself but the crying shame is that electronic voting *could* be done properly, securely and safely but nobody cares (or, perhaps, wants to care).

Edited by JayC

It could very well be the reason George Soros bough the company that does the electronic tallying for many states. He is

already a criminal in the world of politics. It fits.

Thats not the best way to do it...  in theory the print outs from the machines would show a significant difference with the centralized counting.  You'd know within a couple of weeks that massive fraud had taken place.

You'd want to attack the individual machines themselves, so they flipped votes from candidate A to candidate B in their memory on the fly... that way the individual machine print outs would match perfectly to centralized counting.  Also this way the total number of votes would continue to match the manual voter rolls which are taken as you enter the polling location.  

In a lot of swing states, you're only talking about having to flip 1-2% of the votes in critical districts to flip an entire state from one party to another.  This is well inside the margin of error of exit polls so nothing would seem out of the ordinary up the line.

The hard part would be compromising the machine code in such a way it wouldn't be detected...  the easiest way to do this is to plant 2 or 3 programmers into each machine manufacturer to modify the firmware slightly to allow a trick firmware check so the machine will report it contains a certified version of the firmware and checksum when it's loaded with your 'special' version.

Everything else is cake.

It could very well be the reason George Soros bough the company that does the electronic tallying for many states. He is

already a criminal in the world of politics. It fits.

Edited by JayC

It can't.  I can tell you as a computer security guy, there is no way to design a electronic voting solution that is less exposed to attack than the paper method.

I am sure it could be done reasonably with cryptography. At least close enough. That would likely be too difficult for most people though.

Point is, if you're not even going to bother to try, let's just stick with paper.

Hmm. Thinking about it, it would have to be done unreasonably with cryptography. It's just too easy to make a computer look like it's doing one thing when it's doing another. Anonymity makes cryptography problematic also.

Edited by tnguy