Tell me about T-Mobil

BJB

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had T-Mobile for 6+ years.  First when I lived in Washington State and then when I moved to Tennessee.  The prices of their plans and the ability to stay off of a contract was wonderful when I had them.  The service was good as long as you are in a decent sized area, in the Knoxville / Clinton area the service was fine for me.  I only switched away from them because I didn't get service where I work in Oak Ridge.

Don't let the coverage maps fool you, t-mobile has horrible coverage away from larger cities. Our company uses t-mobile. I had to buy a pay as you go verizon phone to be able to talk to customers once I got off the interstate.

Coverage even on the interstate is not great. They are 5 years behind Verizon in coverage in my opinion

Mark
Guest TankerHC

I have been considering T-Mobil. Few months ago Cnet had an article that T-Mobil was changing the entire Wireless game with the no contract, 50 bucks a month unlimited talk, text and web. Then in late December they had another article which also came up on Yahoo and a couple of other news sites that starting sometime soon T-Mobil would begin buying out contracts, giving a free phone and some other things. Then a few days ago I read on the Financial sites that T-Mobil may buy Sprint. I have been using Sprint so long I cant remember when I started. If t-Mobil were to buy Sprint I dont see them offering the Sprint customers the same deal. Our buyout is $300 per phone, we have four phones on this account. The only thing that is keeping me from moving (Or I would have moved already) is Sprint doesnt have a cap on their unlimited web, most of the others do. I use my cell as a WAP and also tether using Foxfi. On the road 5GB wouldnt last me a day. 

Thanks for all the input, we went to T-Mobil and are currently doing a trial run (2 weeks) to make sure that they work for our area. Price is awesome, we have 2 new IPhones unlimited text talk and data and we are only paying $120. Customer service was very good. We will see how the service is within the next 2 weeks. If this pans out they will be putting a hurt on Verizon. Found out the spent 40million to rent towers from Verizon and at&t.

We use Straight Talk. ATT service/$39.00 a month unlimited everything. Very happy,I will never sign another cell phone contract!

When did ST start offering unlimited for $40 a month? It's been $45.

Also Tmobile is pretty cheap but coverage can be bad depending on where you live. I got my son on a tmobile plan since he's more of a texter than talker. $30 a month 100 mins, unlimited text and 5GB data. Bought him a nexus and got a free tmobile sim. Works well for him