Omni polymer lower

RC3

I've had 3. Had a problem with one where the buffer retainer hole was too small and actually had to send it back for replacement. I haven't had any trouble out of the replacement they sent or the assembled one I'm currently using for my pistol. My answer would depend on the price. Some blem PSA lowers now are around $50, for that little difference I'd go aluminum Edited by KKing

Bought one back during the panic, as was all I could get and didn't want to wait making a config. Mine broke in a minor way (piece of takedown spring/detente channel).

They're sending call tag for me to send it in for replacement. Will sell the new one pert cheap if you'd like one.

edit: adding response to another post:

I've had 3. Had a problem with one where the buffer retainer hole was too small and actually had to send it back for replacement.

Mine was too small also, but no prob just using small blade to scape around sides a bit.

My channel for takedown spring/detente was too small also, used drill bit by hand to open it up a hair. But it later broke a small piece out right in front of pin. Still worked but could see part of spring and pin in channel, not good. Otherwise, I shot it a bunch on pistol config, fairly brutal test really, and rest of it held up.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot

Mine broke in a minor way (piece of takedown spring/detente channel).

edit: adding response to another post:

Mine was too small also, but no prob just using small blade to remove a little material.

My channel for takedown spring/detente was too small also, used drill bit by hand to open it up a hair. But it later broke a small piece out right in front of pin. Still worked but could see part of spring and pin in channel, not good. Otherwise, I shot it a bunch on pistol lower, fairly brutal test really, and it held up.

- OS

I might get back with you on that one. Im going to try some configurations with this one tho since all it needs is an upper..... and my friend has a AR 15 pistol that I am dying to modify  :whistle:

Edited by RC3

Garbage, unless you plan on just keeping it back for when there are talks of another assault ban, then as an investment its value goes up by about 400-600%.

Pretty strong words. Have you owned a poly receiver? B)

I have 3. Different brand, same overall concept. All have their own uppers and all work well. If you don't want to have to assemble the lower yourself they're pretty good options. They have surprisingly good triggers, a little heavy maybe but little to no creep.

Having said that, now is a good time to be building an AR, parts including receivers are cheap as mentioned above. You can get a lower and magpul build kit and come out ahead with higher quality components at just a slightly higher cost.

http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/ar-15-05/ar-15-parts-sale/psa-blemished-picto-lower-and-ptac-moe-lower-build-kit.html

+

http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/featured/ptac-16-1-9-a4-melonite-ss12g2-upper-without-bcg-ch.html

+

http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/featured/p-tac-5-56-full-auto-bolt-carrier-group-w-charging-handle.html

Should build you a good AR with some good stuff and some basic.

Don't forget, http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/ar-15-05/ar-15-parts-sale/palmetto-state-armory-pmags-and-a-bag.html otherwise your in for a boring range trip and a dinged up rifle.

I am going broke. Between college, rifles, and cars. I need to find a cheaper hobby and beat the crap out of my friend who introduced me to firearms... I swear, I must have spend about $11k on cars and guns alone in the past five months. Good thing I am divorced now otherwise I might be typing this from the beyond. 

• Like 1
[quote name="RC3" post="1092619" timestamp="1389329089"]I am going broke. Between college, rifles, and cars. I need to find a cheaper hobby and beat the crap out of my friend who introduced me to firearms... I swear, I must have spend about $11k on cars and guns alone in the past five months. Good thing I am divorced now otherwise I might be typing this from the beyond. [/quote] This speaks volumes about why I love building AR's so much. If I want or need to, I can stretch the build out over a long period of time. $100 a month for a few months will get you most of an AR
They're light cheap and they work. For 49.00 that's less than a carton of smokes.!!
I used that omni w a rr trigger kit on a 300 bo pistol. Worked fine. I recently rat blanked it for the lpk and stuck it in another Lower. It's sitting on my bench waiting for me to have another attack. Good value, I'd take it down range in 556 but I would t use it for anything larger.
Hope this helps
If u want the one taking up space on my bench I'd let it go for 40 bucks..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2 of course it ate my spelling.

Picked up the lower, and he have me a stock and everything else. No cracks or lex on it. Now I just need to find a budged up and test it out. Then again, northside gun shop as a ar pistol upper but putting a stock on it turns it into a SBR, and that sucks :-\