WiFi Scales (Fitbit vs Withings)

• Moderators

Right now, the Withings WS-50 Smart Body Analyzer is on Amazon for $120 (normally $150). I've been considering getting a WiFi scale to track this sort of stuff. Wondering if there is any firsthand experience with either the Withings scales or Fitbit Scales.

Withings

The WS-50 does quite a bit more than the Fitbit Aria. The WS-30 is more on par with the Aria. But since the WS-50 is on sale, it is tempting.

For those uninterested in Wi-Fi scales, that's fine. But I really like this sort of stuff, and have been interested in these for a long time in order to track personal fitness over time.
  • Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest TankerHC

I have two. Not those two but they do the same thing.  One that I bought and one that was prescribed but dont use because I dont like the solid glass top. The one I use, and have used for about 3 years is a BFM687DQ-60 Health Meter (had to look on bottom for the Model, that wasnt off top of my head) and I REALLY like it. Best scale I have ever owned. 

Things I like about it. No button pushing or turning a knob to get it back to zero. Touch it with your toe, lights up with a readout, automatically recalibrates itself and then its ready.

The BFI measurements are pretty accurate. I used someone's Warrior Caliper, the reading on this Health Meter were near identical (Generally)

The memory storage. It is how I know I lost 63 pounds since last year and exactly what date I started. It also shows progress. Plus you can program it for multiple users, track multiple users progress and you can also use it to set goals and it lets you know how far off the goals you are.

Yes, I really like mine. Would never have anything else and WELL worth the money IMHO. It does a lot of other things but I dont use the other functions.  Think when I bought mine it was around $80. That was three years ago so I think the prices of the ones listed are pretty good considering. 

oops, sorry, Your talking specifically wifi, thought you were talking those type of scales generally. 

Well if it does everything mine does AND IT'S WIFI. Dont know, my scale might accidentally on purpose stop working here in the near future. 

Edited by TankerHC