Stolen trailcam.

Well my trailcam was stolen. I had it on our farm almost all year long and now someone decided to take it. I figured it would have been safe since the only way in (besides foot and a long walk) was a road that runs right by my moms house but guess I was wrong. There are only a hand full at best that have permission to hunt and they all didn't take it. I do have a few cousins that own land around it and maybe one of them took it but I don't know. Oh well can't have anything good cause some idiot will take it. They just better hope I never find out cause I'm not going to be nice about it. Pretty sure someone in the family took it but I can't prove it right now. Guess you can't trust anyone these days.

• Like 2

You probably needed two cams, one for the main purpose and one hidden to take pictures of the person(s) that took your camera.  I started noticing awhile back, pawn shops started to have used trail cams.  Hmmmm I am no expert, but I guess even hunters get hard-up for cash, hunters of property to steal that is. 

A option I wish I could afford for mine is the cell phone interface, which uploads the video feed to a web site. 

With that, one would at least get to see who steals the camera.  But, with that lock-box & gorilla-cable, they at least have to work for it, and still get a non-usable camera when they are done.

I use my trail cam's on private and public land and have never had one taken. Mine are marked as follows (except the numbers)  TWRA # 12345678. I'll see if I can post a pic here in a bit. It is marked just like my jugs, trotlines and traps.

Dave