Fired Guns & Ammo Writer Still Shooting Off His Mouth

He just can't understand why "compromise" means infringement to the majority of gun owners.

“Freedom of speech is regulated. You cannot falsely and deliberating shout, ‘Fire!’ in a crowded theater. Freedom of religion is regulated. A church cannot practice human sacrifice. Freedom of assembly is regulated.”

Does he think that background checks, age restrictions and licenses for carry are NOT regulation of the 2A? But he does have a point....just think of how many churches would be sacrificing humans if there wasn't a law against it.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/01/05/guns-ammo-columnist-speaks-out-on-becoming-pariah/

When you yell fire in a movie house and there is no fire, you are lying.

Yo can not use the 1st to cover you a$$.

Some religions believe in human sacrifice, God asked for a man to kill his son, God stopped it.

Is human sacrifice wrong, in my eyes yes, but who am I to judge.

Freedom of assembly is regulated on public grounds, ie, parks, state buildings and such.

However if I want to have a few people over to my place, it can not be stopped.

The 2nd does not list "what" kind of arms we can have,

we have them just so we can keep a free state.

In 1934 IIRC is when full auto was taken, now 70 years latter look where we are at.

We are standing in line to tell the government what we have. CT, NY, DC

We can not have mags bigger than 10 rounds. Some states

Every firearm bought is keep on a list forever. CA after 1/1/2014

Thia crap will never stop, unless we get out the vote, tell all your friends to tell their friends.

Start at the local level, city mayor, elected LEO, counsel members.

Move on to the state level, and on to Washington.

The very sad part, we just maybe to late.

I feel we did stop the AWB last year and the push for tighter back ground checks.

The progressives will never stop, as said in another post, when the progressives

lose they just regroup and come back fighting harder.

• Like 4

The reason you cannot yell "fire" in a crowded theater is because it puts others in immediate threat of serious bodily injury or death.  Mentally competent adults know this, so comitting the afformentioned act would be a willful act with intent to harm.  

The act of acquiring and owning any type of firearm is in no way - no way equivalent to that.  ever.

Edited by Peace

The reason you cannot yell "fire" in a crowded theater is because it puts others in immediate threat of serious bodily injury or death.  Mentally competent adults know this, so comitting the afformentioned act would be a willful act with intent to harm.  

The act of acquiring and owning any type of firearm is in no way - no way equivalent to that.  ever.

Adding...

Just because we have the ability to yell "FIRE" at any time does not give the government the right to stand at the door and tape every mouth shut as they enter.

It's already illegal to murder someone.
  • Like 2

Metcalf is an overbearing, elitist, wind-bag, know-it-all clown who doesnt take criticism (...and firing...) very well... It's a bad deal for him because he got criticized and fired for saying things he shouldn't have said... The hell with him... He knows nothing.....Now he can draw unemployment and hunt for a job with the gun grabbers... That may be his plan anyway...

Remember what the great John Wayne (...and Jesus...) said about the truth...."....Ya cant keep it bottled up...."  It always comes out...

leroy

Why should I compromise?

If I break any of the thousands of laws on the books, guv'mint is taking my guns...

Understanding that, I obey the law(s) which in many cases infringes upon my right and responsibility to protect myself and my family.

The ONLY way I can endanger the public is: improper gun handling by me or someone I have allowed to use my firearm which results in a negligent discharge or if my firearms are stolen and used in criminal acts.

I won't take responsbility nor be held accountable because some dumba$$ who also legally bought his firearm made the decision to something stupid, usually with stupid people in a stupid place.

I can continue to promote responsible firearm ownership, practice the same, communicate with my elected servants and vote.

As a law abiding, tax paying voting as an INDIVIDUAL, why am I thrown into the same category and forced to pay the price for all "gun violence" caused by criminals and the mall ninja youtube jackoffs who don't care about the law or responsible gun ownership.

Red touches on some very god points and we do have the power and we do need to flex our muscles and doing it at the bottom and working our way up the ladder is probably the most effective way to do it. Begin at city and county mayors and elected  LEO'S ( Sheriffs) as most or all County Sheriffs in Tennessee are elected I think all the way up to the Governor. Proof that we can have the power was proven in Colorado when they recalled and removed those state Senators for their poor decisions against 2nd Amendment. If we begin spreading the word that we need to get out and vote and if want to make it known who we support and don't support here in Tennessee I think we can make a difference. We need to get started as we have 2014 elections coming in about 9 months...................jmho