Are You Squared Away On Military Jargon?

gun sane

I'll never forget the first time in Navy boot camp we were told to line up "nuts to butts." Somehow, we all knew what that meant. But the years have taken their toll and I've forgotten a lot of the other slang we used. This article is a quick course in unofficial military lingo. I only recognize about four on this list, but some weren't in use 40 years ago, especially by non-combat personnel. How many are familiar to you?

http://www.businessinsider.com/military-phrases-2013-12

All of them. They were all in common usage when I was in the Marines from 07-12. One I love thats not on there is "RFI, cause I don't fly" RFI means an aircraft or component is ready for issue, and therefore should be safe to fly, and we used to make that statement when we were working I level maintenance or ground crew. Talk about pissing off a pilot lol.

Guest TankerHC

Cherry juice - (special hydraulic Fluid for main gun recoil mechanism)

Dog Bone - (Road Wheel Arm Lifting tool)

Flaming A____ole - (M60A1, A2 and A3 Coax Machine Gun Sight)

DAT - (Distinguished American Tanker)  :nervous:

C-DAT (M60A3 thru M1 series) "Computerized Distinguished American Tanker

Track pads and End Connectors (Mermited Chicken Patties and Potatos)

Targets (Anything on the Battlefield that isnt a Tank, as in "There are only two types of vehicles on the Battlefield, Tanks and Targets")

Crossfire (What your in when the Colonel is on one side of you and the Sergeant Major is on the other after you have "Screwed the Pooch")

Screwing The Pooch - (A state in which 2LT's are in, consistently)

The most dangerous man in the Army - (Any 2LT who begins a sentence with "in my experience")

Smaj - (Something you never want to call a Sergeant Major, unless your a Second Lieutenant)

Third Lieutenant - (wears a round branch insignia or a USMA insignia, believes he has more power than a 5 Star General, true, but only to basic trainees)

Platoon Daddy (Platoon Sergeant, the man responsible for keeping his Lieutenant from screwing the pooch and being in the crossfire as little as possible, usually not possible)

THE Blue Book - ("Regulation for the Order and Discipline of the Troops of the United States" Written by Friedrich Von Stueben as a training manual for the Army NCO Corps for George Washington after a meeting at Valley Forge, after 230 years, still used to guide the NCO Corps through FM 3-21, Drill and Ceremony). By the NCO Corps, simply known as "The Blue Book". The original blue book was used to train 100 NCO's as trainers for the rest of Washington's Army, that unit still exists today. It is "The Presidents 100". Every NCO knows what "The Blue Book" is. 

LID - (Lost in the Desert)

Fruit Salad - (Awards and Decorations)

PX Warrior - (The soldier who never set foot outside the Continental United States but has more awards than General Patton, at times may even wear a Bronze Star for Service)

Joe sh__ the rag bag - (Common term used by certain Drills to identify and rename a soldier who looks like he just took his uniform from a duffle bag)

Looking like you polished your boots with a Hershey Bar - (Because they are not shiny "enough" to see your soul in the reflection)

Mike Golf - (Tank and Bradley "Master Gunner", graduate of, academically, the toughest school in the Army, the only school in the Army that has started with a class of 47 and graduated ONE)

Lima Lima Mike Foxtrot - (Lost like a Mother _______)

Danger Close - (Term referring to a "Call for Fire" within a danger close distance to friendly troops, or what a buddy tells you when he saved your drunk a__ from leaving the bar with the wrong woman "Man, you shoulda seen that chick, I got you out of there, that was "Danger Close")

I could go on all night, Ill stop there....

Shit bird - not squared away a mess .
Top- master sgt
Gunner- warrant officer
Lima Charlie - heard U loud and clear
Short timer- someone getting out in 30 days
Boot- new enlisted guy
Gee dunk- place that sells smacks on ship or post
Tank deck-place on an LST where tanks and trucks are stored. Place to hang away from berthing areas
Donkey dick - spout used for military gas can
Jerry can metal gas can
Mogas military gasoline
Pmo office cop shop or police headquarters.
Office hours -article 15 type of hearing for minor infractions.
Corps whore - woman marine
Neysan hot Asian chick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2 of course it ate my spelling.
  • Like 1

Geedunk bar "junk food machine"

Turn-to and Trice Up "go to work after you make your bunk(bed)"

Two-Digit Midget "less than 99 days left in service"

Steel Beach Picnic "cookout on the deck out at see"

Stacking "sometimes the head(toilet) is shut down, means taking a dump on top of the last guys."

Any one tell me

Jar heads and wave riders wait for the right answer.

Well since we are giving them away