Starting young in Colorado..........

R_Bert

I almost want to bet there will be enough Idiots doing enough stupid things to get it banned again in less then a year.

At least it doesn't appear to have been the mother on the surface.  I did read about the cookie as well.

Police in Longmont are investigating but said they do believe the mother. Officers searched the home for any signs of marijuana use and found nothing.

Hernandez also said she has agreed to take a blood test.

Edited by vontar

Not fire you, but you have to go to rehab on your dime here in TN.

We had a guy fail for drinking, fired him, had to pay him unemployment.

We have to drive company trucks and he could not drive because of the failed test.

Sad part, I helped him through rehab, he went back to drinking.

So do they, and an employer can still fire them for testing positive.

Not fire you, but you have to go to rehab on your dime here in TN.

We had a guy fail for drinking, fired him, had to pay him unemployment.

We have to drive company trucks and he could not drive because of the failed test.

Sad part, I helped him through rehab, he went back to drinking.

If I fail a drug test, I am fired immediately. There is no option for rehab.

This.

Now at a different company I had a guy that worked for me flip out in a hotel while on the road for a trade show, the Police had to be called and he was admitted to the mental ward of the hospital. I wanted him fired but our parent company would not let me. They said he had to be given an opportunity to go to rehab. But that was a company policy not the law. He was taken out of our department and put on the assembly floor. We couldn’t have people that couldn’t be trusted to maintain out on the road without supervision.

Legalizing marijuana has nothing to do with drug testing. If your employer requires you to be drug tested, legalized marijuana is not an end-around this requirement. 

Not my point, My point is the stuff should not be legal at all.

Someone will try to get around failing the test, courts have not tried this yet that I know of.

Is that company policy?

• Like 1

If the girl had found a gun and shot herself, would you argue that guns should be illegal?

Had she found a gun and shot herself we would call it a tragedy and go on to say that the gun, an inanimate object, is blameless.

Had she found and taken a prescription narcotic and died, it would have been a tragedy but again, you can't blame an inanimate object for the folly of man right?

She found a pot cookie, got sick and here we are. The inanimate object is bad.

I don't get it? Seems like rank hypocrisy to me, but what do I know, I'm from California.
  • Like 1

Who left the gun so a child could get her hands on it?

Same as a hard drug or pot, who left it laying around?

Hard drink or beer is the same, as adults we have to watch over the kids.

Edited by RED333
  • Like 1
Guest TankerHC

Everyone talking about "Legalized Marijuana". It is NOT legal. It is still considered a Controlled Substance under the Controlled Substance Act regardless of what the individual States do. but like protecting our borders, enforcing our immigration laws, changing law at will without the Consent of the Congress, this is just another law that this Administration has decided not to enforce.

Those who equate Gun Control with "drug Control" are making an apples and oranges comparison. you have a Constitutionally protected RIGHT to keep and bear arms. Americans do NOT have a Constitutionally protected right to smoke dope, the same way they do NOT have a Constitutionally protected right to drive cars or take other people's money and property. What we are seeing here is a complete disregard for the Rule of Law. The Founders sought nomocracy with the Constitution. So, if violating our laws on a whim is what dope promoters think is the right way to go, then the Federal Government has every right to remove Constitutionally Protected Second Amendment rights arbitrarily. Why not, to the dopers we have become a Nation of Men, not Laws. 

For the people who talk of "The rights of the individual states", they need to go back and read American History to 1865. In 1865 we began a new era of a strong centralized Government, something the Founders argued over and against extensively and something the Confederate States fought against. That era has never ended, today we are still seeing our Federal Government getting stronger and stronger and the States weaker and weaker. 

If people agree that the President and Justice department enforcing or not enforcing our laws can be done by fiat, then you must agree, they have every right to take your guns, your money and your Freedom, without an argument. 

One note, I dont give a rats behind who smokes what. This goes deeper than that. The President is tasked with enforcing the laws of the Country. he simply said "We will not enforce it". What law will he choose not to enforce next? This is a Constitutional issue. Want the law lifted, get Congress to vote on it and the President to sign it. That is how our Country works, or is supposed to. 

Edited by TankerHC
Crap like this goes on every day in places where pot is still illegal. The pot aint the problem. Crappy people are. Whaddaya do about that? Certainly making something illegal doesnt solve the problem to folks who are currently giving no f****s.
  • Like 2

In TN,

in reality, the legality of a substance has absolutely NOTHING to do with employment law and the employers ability exercise their desire to terminate.

A Tennessee employer can fire you at will for any unstated reason or no reason whatsoever. 

The really stupid ones are the ones who try to tag a cause to the termination (instead of giving a benign reason or simply keeping their mouths shut).

And even if an employee is unjustly fired for cause, the due to TN law, the probability of winning an appeal is very slim.

TN law overwhelmingly favors the employer, not the employee.

Edited by R_Bert
Guest TankerHC

Crap like this goes on every day in places where pot is still illegal. The pot aint the problem. Crappy people are. Whaddaya do about that? Certainly making something illegal doesnt solve the problem to folks who are currently giving no f****s.

Legal or illegal there isn't a darn thing you can do about it. Same way the police spend so much time arresting people for alcohol related incidents like fights, DUI, etc. The Volstead Act made everything ten times worse. That is the problem, the Governments "Do something, even if it's wrong" mentality. I have nothing against (In fact I have no opinion of) any adult smoking pot, drinking until they pass out, or about anything else when they choose to within the boundaries of the law. If someone in another town, city or state wants to violate the law, that is up to them, they have to face the consequences, not me. People think this legalization of marijuana issue is something new, people have been getting busted for pot for 80 years. But until the States have the Congress amend the Controlled Substance Act to remove marijuana, the President and the Justice Department need to enforce our Federal Laws. Not doing so IS something new. Repeal prohibition on marijuana, legally not arbitrarily or by fiat, turn it over to the States and let the States regulate it.

Unfortunately that will not happen. Not since we now have "A man" deciding law from a single office and branch of Government. 

Who left the gun so a child could get her hands on it?
Same as a hard drug or pot, who left it laying around?
Hard drink or beer is the same, as adults we have to watch over the kids.

I'd agree to that, responsibility IMO lies solely with people. In this case the chowder headed monkeydick who left something like that where a kid could grab it. I won't pass judgment on the mother, it doesn't look like she was negligent beyond letting her two year old eat a cookie off the street. For whatever that's worth.

Everyone talking about "Legalized Marijuana". It is NOT legal. It is still considered a Controlled Substance under the Controlled Substance Act regardless of what the individual States do. but like protecting our borders, enforcing our immigration laws, changing law at will without the Consent of the Congress, this is just another law that this Administration has decided not to enforce.

Those who equate Gun Control with "drug Control" are making an apples and oranges comparison. you have a Constitutionally protected RIGHT to keep and bear arms. Americans do NOT have a Constitutionally protected right to smoke dope, the same way they do NOT have a Constitutionally protected right to drive cars or take other people's money and property. What we are seeing here is a complete disregard for the Rule of Law. The Founders sought nomocracy with the Constitution. So, if violating our laws on a whim is what dope promoters think is the right way to go, then the Federal Government has every right to remove Constitutionally Protected Second Amendment rights arbitrarily. Why not, to the dopers we have become a Nation of Men, not Laws. 

For the people who talk of "The rights of the individual states", they need to go back and read American History to 1865. In 1865 we began a new era of a strong centralized Government, something the Founders argued over and against extensively and something the Confederate States fought against. That era has never ended, today we are still seeing our Federal Government getting stronger and stronger and the States weaker and weaker. 

If people agree that the President and Justice department enforcing or not enforcing our laws can be done by fiat, then you must agree, they have every right to take your guns, your money and your Freedom, without an argument. 

One note, I dont give a rats behind who smokes what. This goes deeper than that. The President is tasked with enforcing the laws of the Country. he simply said "We will not enforce it". What law will he choose not to enforce next? This is a Constitutional issue. Want the law lifted, get Congress to vote on it and the President to sign it. That is how our Country works, or is supposed to.

100% accurate on all points. Well said as well.

My point was not meant to compare the legalities of pot/gun control, but rather the mentality that some people have where it's ok to shield inanimate objects from blame when they approve of them but not when they don't. At the end of the day we are to blame for our own actions, each one if us.

As to the matter of pot control itself, I think the government and busy bodies have blown the whole thing out of proportion. The war on drugs as a whole makes about as much sense as prohibition.