"Duck Dynasty" launches its own line of guns

greenego

This should earn them points with the left. :x:

The gunmaker Mossberg has teamed with Duck Commander, the company owned by "Duck Dynasty's" Robertson clan, to release nine different shotguns, as well as two semiautomatic rifles and a semiautomatic pistol.

http://money.cnn.com/2014/01/02/news/companies/duck-dynasty-guns/index.html

Not that it'll make any difference to you, but this has zero to do with "duck dynasty". Duck Commander, on the other hand, is the company this line of guns represents. Duck dynasty is merely a t.v. show. If that's all you know of that family and their companies, then you don't know much I'm afraid. If you're any kind of hunter, especially a duck hunter, you'll know they've made some of, if not the best duck calls out there for years now. Pretty fitting they have their own line of shotguns. The 22lr's on the other hand, well you can keep those Edited by KKing
  • Like 1
I'm still a fan of the Robertson clan, even if we may have opinions that differ on some things I bet I have more in common with them than I have differences.

I liked duck dynasty for the first two seasons before it felt played out to me.

Hope the family continues to have and enjoy success but the show can go away anytime IMO.

The reporter doing the vocal commentary seemed like he could barely contain his enthusiasm over the products. :squint:

It does look like someone's waving a turd under his nose don't it?

:lol: :D Edited by TrickyNicky
  • Like 1

Selling Mossberg.....hunting with Benelli

Good thinking on their (the Roberson's that is) part. Income from 2 different sources. Maybe not, but I'd be very surprised if Beneli didn't give some form of "consideration" for use and visibility of their products on the show.

[quote name="hipower" post="1088268" timestamp="1388714784"]Good thinking on their (the Roberson's that is) part. Income from 2 different sources. Maybe not, but I'd be very surprised if Beneli didn't give some form of "consideration" for use and visibility of their products on the show.[/quote] Yeah they've been sponsored by Benelli since long before the DD show.

Not that it'll make any difference to you, but this has zero to do with "duck dynasty". Duck Commander, on the other hand, is the company this line of guns represents. Duck dynasty is merely a t.v. show. If that's all you know of that family and their companies, then you don't know much I'm afraid. If you're any kind of hunter, especially a duck hunter, you'll know they've made some of, if not the best duck calls out there for years now. Pretty fitting they have their own line of shotguns. The 22lr's on the other hand, well you can keep those

Same people.

I'm sure they are fine folks, but one can't walk into a Cracker Barrel, WalMart, truckstop, etc. without seeing their mangy pictures on all kinds of merchandise, not to mention the never ending debate ongoing on the news, radio, internet, etc. about their feelings about homosexuality.

I'd get tired of my wife if I saw that much of her.

A Mossberg is a Mossberg, with or without a beard.

Edited by gregintenn

Regardless you like them or not, when a good ole redneck makes it good, they will have a following.  Good for the Robersons.  If it wasn't for them, we all could be watching the release of the Honey Boo Boo ARs.  Now that was the dumbest show ever created.

• Like 1

have not read a post really.  Now how many of you think the "gay" Robertson crap was happenstance?

Follow the money,   These down to earth people are all about something.  not so sure it is the bible, but I am sure they follow the color of green

• Like 3
[quote name="Mike.357" post="1088382" timestamp="1388725436"]have not read a post really. Now how many of you think the "gay" Robertson crap was happenstance? Follow the money, These down to earth people are all about something. not so sure it is the bible, but I am sure they follow the color of green[/quote] You sure are a cynical fella, you know that?

have not read a post really.  Now how many of you think the "gay" Robertson crap was happenstance?

Follow the money,   These down to earth people are all about something.  not so sure it is the bible, but I am sure they follow the color of green

Isn't it funny how the love of money is supposedly the root of all evil yet there seems to be a lot of self proclaimed religious people who are trying their hardest to get as much of it as they can. Why would they try so hard to get it if they did not have a love for it? And they do this even though they have been warned their greed will bring ruin to their households.

Get up at 5am any day of the week and you can see what I am talking about. "Religious" leaders preying on the misfortune of others to, no doubt, get rich. There is even a recent reality show where a religious leader is flaunting his wealth and possessions. Are they not worried about the moths, vermin or thieves?

• Like 1

Regardless you like them or not, when a good ole redneck makes it good, they will have a following.  Good for the Robersons.  If it wasn't for them, we all could be watching the release of the Honey Boo Boo ARs.  Now that was the dumbest show ever created.

I see your Honey Boo Boo and raise you a Strange Addiction

http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/12/31/my-strange-addiction-meet-a-girl-who-eats-mattresses/

I would get a Miley Cyrus Twerk in any caliber.  As long as you are not worried about a discrete target....talking about clearing a room out!

<put that THANG down!  It's pointing everywhere!!>

Have you not paid attention when going to Wal-Mart? there is Duck Dynasty stuff every where. From cookies to baby blankets. Its insane !!

I really don`t care either way.. least someone is making money. They have kids ,  even an adopted kid, and if peddling their ware to ensure a good future for their kids.. who cares.. I am all for it ..

There is no wrong in making money, nor making lots of money.  The root of all evil is when one is willing to sacrifice core values to make money, and making money truly dominates one life!  Also a lurking evil is when one is coveting someone who has or who is making money. 

Some religious leaders no more represent the populous of following Christ than Adam Lanza represents gun fanatics of America.  I am sure many of the low informed populous think each and every gun fanatic is a Adam Lanza in the waiting, and likewise I am sure many low informed populous think that each and every T.V. and Radio preacher is a money racket.  Just like anything, if one is going to send a dollar to someone, one must vet out that person, organization, etc. to their own satisfaction. 

• Like 2