wanting to build a 300WM long range rifle

Guest Phizzle99GST

Guest Phizzle99GST

I'm not in a hurry to get started on this as I am still waiting on parts for my MATEN build but hope to start the 300WM build by this time next year at the latest.

I want to build one for long range hunting(500m+ or - if I so desire) and some long range shooting(1000m). And I want to custom build one as easily as possible by myself without buying one already completed that Id end up changing features on anyway to fit personal preference in certain areas.

I was thinking the XLR carbon chassis and either a Remington 700 XCR II 24" threaded (if one exists) otherwise the 26" (cut/crowned/threaded by gunsmith) for future brake or a Remington 700 5-r 24"(w/o the H-S precision stock if possible).

Later mods would be the Brake of course, bipod, large bolt knob, and trigger if I cant get the X-Mark Pro configured to my liking.

Thoughts and recommendations on this build... or puzzle that I'm trying to piece together?

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Phizzle99GST

Update... I lied, I guess I was in a hurry to not only get started on this but finish it!

Rem700 5R 300WM
24" SS 1:10 twist
Vortex Viper PST 4-16x50(SFP/MRAD)
X-Mark Pro Trigger (consistently brakes between 3.75-4.25 lbs)
H-S Precision stock
JP Large Profile Bennie Cooley Brake
KRG Bolt lift knob
Weaver picatinny rail and scope mount
Accu-Shot rear monopod
Harris 9-13" bipod
MidwayUSA drag bag on the way

also going to start reloading 308, 30-06 and 300WM

IMG_0553_zps7cb755be.jpg