I heard this was going to happen

how did they register an unmarked, un numbered magazine ?  

That is the perfect example of bureaucracy = a body of non elective government officials who can make up complicated rules for things that don't exist.

We live in a time of tyrannical control by agencies and departments that issue dysfunctional regulations that have direct interference over liberty.

Any member of Congress who proposes a law that has the passage "The secretary shall decide....." should be run out of town on a rail after a good old fashion tar & feather.

It worked in the past.

r6za5v.jpg  

• Like 1

as far as i know, gun registration was illegal and protected by the Firearm Owners Protection Act of 1986

Applies only to the feds.

But it didn't prevent BATF from entering all 4473s received from FFLs who leave the biz into searchable database in the Firearms Tracing System,  which they've been doing all along. Also includes the Multiple Sales Reports data of current sales, too. Also includes guns reported as thefts, and some other stuff.

At any rate, states may of course enact more stringent firearm laws than the fed, and most all have been found to be constitutional so far save Heller and McDonald decisions.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot

With all these boats full of guns flipping over I may have to take diving lessons, I could make a fortune. 

Possibly. The fire dept did a dive exercise at the local lake a while back and turned up about 13 firearms if I remember correctly,

• Like 1

It makes no difference on our State level who holds the majority, (as evidenced by last few year's sessions) with the exception that prior to the super-majority we have now, one could get a firearms friendly piece of legislation passed, or at least on the floor for debate.  Since the present Speaker of the House and Senate have decided that the mere mention of advancing a Constitutional restorative issue relative to firearms (doing away with a Jim Crow era encroachment) is anathema we have been stuck in Never Move land.  I do not see that changing till the Elite Establishment current leadership we have is somewhere else.

• Like 3

It makes no difference on our State level who holds the majority, (as evidenced by last few year's sessions) with the exception that prior to the super-majority we have now, one could get a firearms friendly piece of legislation passed, or at least on the floor for debate.  Since the present Speaker of the House and Senate have decided that the mere mention of advancing a Constitutional restorative issue relative to firearms (doing away with a Jim Crow era encroachment) is anathema we have been stuck in Never Move land.  I do not see that changing till the Elite Establishment current leadership we have is somewhere else.

Does this mean I should vote for Democrats next time?  I'm so confused now.  This stuff makes my head hurt...

Does this mean I should vote for Democrats next time?  I'm so confused now.  This stuff makes my head hurt...

I can tell you this, I won't vote for Haslam for gov again...as to the other offices I can vote on it will depend entirely on "who" is running...if it's a Republican who has gone along with the Haslam clowns then I'll be voting for the Democrat.

Things were clearly better for the TN firearms community when Republicans were not in the majority (or at least not in majority in both houses and the governor's mansion).

• Moderators
[quote name="RobertNashville" post="1089038" timestamp="1388854623"]I can tell you this, I won't vote for Haslam for gov again...as to the other offices I can vote on it will depend entirely on "who" is running...if it's a Republican who has gone along with the Haslam clowns then I'll be voting for the Democrat. Things were clearly better for the TN firearms community when Republicans were not in the majority (or at least not in majority in both houses and the governor's mansion).[/quote] What would you say if I told you there may be a better option? The possibility of a candidate who doesn't want to steal your money or tell you how to live your life? Wouldn't that be so much better? :D

What would you say if I told you there may be a better option? The possibility of a candidate who doesn't want to steal your money or tell you how to live your life? Wouldn't that be so much better? :D

I know where you are going and I'd say you were dreaming. ;)  But yes, I'd vote for such a better option if he/she has a REAL chance to win the election but if they don't then I'm not going to vote for them.

99.9% of the time either a Republican or a Democrat is going to win in a general election (which is what I was really referring to above) and I'll vote for one or the other unless, as I said, some other candidate has a real and legitimate chance (and not just a hope) to win.

• Moderators
"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one." How can that better option have a chance for victory if you refuse to even give them your vote? At the end of the day my candidate may not win, but at least I cast my vote for someone I believed instead of someone who is terrible "but at least he isn't as bad as the other guy". I stand firm in my position that the no matter the outcome, if you vote your conscience then you didn't waste your vote. If you really want to waste your vote, then continue to hold your nose and vote for candidates you know are terrible.

"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one." How can that better option have a chance for victory if you refuse to even give them your vote? At the end of the day my candidate may not win, but at least I cast my vote for someone I believed instead of someone who is terrible "but at least he isn't as bad as the other guy". I stand firm in my position that the no matter the outcome, if you vote your conscience then you didn't waste your vote. If you really want to waste your vote, then continue to hold your nose and vote for candidates you know are terrible.

Why assume that the two major party candidates are both just different degrees of "terrible"?  I call that a false assumption or at the very least, an assumption made on no facts since we aren't even talking about any specific candidates or races.

I've met many candidates, both Republicans and Democrats (both in office and running for office) in Tennessee who are good, decent, God-fearing, moral people who believe in the Constitution and unalienable rights and I could (and have) voted for such in good conscious because even though that candidate and I may not agree on every issue we DO agree on the important, basic things.

I didn't say anything about "wasting a vote" but I'm not going to vote for someone who cannot win. A "better option" that can't win isn't a very good option - if he/she truly wants to be a "better option" then he/she also needs to be a viable one which means that he/she is going to have to build enough support to actually win. If your better option does than then I'll happily vote for him.

Like I said in a similar thread, the best way to nullify an unconstitutional law is DO NOT COMPLY in mass peaceful organized fashion.

There is no way they could enforce a law like this if not one single gun owner complied.

And who would want to go knock on thousands of folks doors to confiscate unregistered guns and arrest the owners of said guns just because a spineless politician made law abiding citizens yesterday, felons today via the stroke of a pen?

If I was an LEO, SWAT or any of branch of law enforcement, there is no way I would enforce an unconstitutional law. I'd tell said spineless politician, you ride in the SWAT van and you be the first out of the vehicle to knock on the door if you want to make unconstitutional laws and enforce them!
  • Like 1